Honored Contributor

@lulutoby wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

Thank you for asking, @possummink

I'm doing pretty well, considering.  

Twinges of memory poke in now and then, but that's to be expected.  I'm nowhere near crying all day or anything even close to that.  No, not at all.  (Although my eyelids are still a bit puffy today.)

@GingerPeachMy heart aches for you.  When my beloved Toby died I slept on the sofa with Lulu, hardly ate, brushed my teeth and went through every Kleenex in town.  I was consumed with grief.

Bless your heart @GingerPeach  I love you and can so relate.Heart

What a dear heart you are, @lulutoby  

Every little thing seems to mean less without her in the house.  I know you understand that.  Today I bought a few groceries and felt I needed to rush home so she wouldn't be alone, and then the tears rolled from my eyes while driving.  I hope the police car next to me wasn't watching while I dabbed at my cheeks.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

a7.jpg

Oh, my goodness!  I think I actually just got a whiff of these glorious lilacs just from the picture!  I love the scent of these flowers.  Thank you, @Sassy7356

I just came back from spritzing myself with "French Lilac" by Pacifica.  

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356 wrote:

Beautiful-Animals-Love-Photography-15.jpg

This could make me smile every single day!  Thank you. @Sassy7356

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123 wrote:

@Sassy7356

I’m happy to read your post and know that your DD’s surgery went well, she had something to eat and is resting. 

She has the best home care from you and Dr. Jason. 

Hopefully all five of you will get some much need rest. 

I included Sassy and Gracie knowing they did their best to help also 😀

D26D3C7C-9FBE-4F01-B438-13D356E1B85C.gif

@Sassy7356

I hope you don't mind if I tag along with @butterfly123's post.

I'm so glad to hear all went well, and everyone is back in "touching distance."  Heart

Honored Contributor

Have you ever had one of those unplanned, unscheduled, frustrating days?  This morning I had a hair appointment but never made it.  I left the house 15 minutes early, got in my car, moved the seat forward, pushed the start button, and nothing happened.  The car would not start.  First thought:  oh no, dead battery!

My car was in the garage so there was no way DH could put the jumper cables on to try and start it.  We had no choice but to call AAA and wait for them to come, two hours later.  They got the car started and we left it running.  Meanwhile, DH called our trusted mechanic, and we took the car to him mid-afternoon with me following in our CRV.  Fortunately, the car did not stop running along the way.

DH described what happened and both of them suggested it was probably the battery.  (I had already come to that conclusion!)  Mechanic called early evening and said when he tried to restart the car a few hours later it would not start.  Dead as a doornail.  He then tested it with some type of equipment with no luck.  So, he's ordering a new battery and will install it hopefully on Friday.  This is the original battery and we've had the car five years so I guess that's the silver lining in the story.  

Oh, and I had to reschedule my hair appointment!

So, how was your day? 

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Honored Contributor

Enjoy 🍽7E6C8B95-365A-41E3-A17B-DCF143BE8DA2.jpeg12235B02-BBE1-48B2-875A-0EDFB5D16538.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Sassy7356

I am so glad your daughter had a successful surgery.  Now, I hope for a quick and complete recovery for her.  She will be in my prayers. 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

Another Morten E. Solberg called A Guest in the Garden:

AGuestInTheGarden (1).jpg

and Springtime:

Springtime Original # 20042-Giclee# 21017 -72dpi.jpg

@GingerPeach

I love this artist's work.  So pretty and soft and delicate.  If I were an artist I would love to paint that way.  Unfortunately, I have not  been gifted in the realm of artistry. 

Honored Contributor

I like his work so much, @AnikaBrodie

It seems a wonderful combination of precision and letting go.  

It may inspire me to take some art classes.

My dad was good with art, and one of my sisters is artistic.  Maybe all is not lost for me!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Afhs5Au1rLY/WYzb90n3rNI/AAAAAAAAAqw/BZREOLvytgoDq6z27crxjNfCDutY6zSyACLcBGAs/s1600/67ad75d3c05168ff3eaac3b9f2390bd9--the-app-grief.jpg

((((Hugs)))) and love for @possummink