National-Reconciliation-Day-April-2-1024x512.jpg

Honored Contributor

Quilts and more for the farm decor!!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE CUPCAKE CAFE

[ Edited ]

hello guys

1 april.

wow,what wonderful loving tributes to tonight to Puddles. All were so beautifully stated.

We will remain together,this is my home away from home. You guys are my lifeline to the world. I truely enjoy each of you and you are my dearest friends in the whole world.

A wonderful Easter to all. I know I am late. had so much to catch up on when I got home DD house (lunch-talk) at her house.

DH had an experience. DD told dh to go to crab store to picke up 1-- 12 pack of crabcakes (for lunch today) OK, no problem. She told Dh she called in the order. DH went to pick up crab cakes later yesterday evening. He signed for it. the Crab cake store said order was ready,they handed him the crabcake boxes and dip dh signed for them. He brought them to DD house today. She asked why so many crab cakes, she only ordered 12, dh picked up 36. The order was someone elses not  DD's order. She said she would call the crab cake place tomorrow and get everything straightened out. DD only paid for 12 not 36, someone was out crab cakes. what a mix up.

tomorrow is our cold and snowy weather. under advisory for 1 inch of snow. This weather is so strange.

well guys, have to take my shower and rest up for anew week ahead. 

Many hugs to all my wonderful friends. Our new chapter begins. 

see everyone tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

I remembered after reading Viva’s post that the grocery store didn’t have strawberries this entire week. Said they weren’t available because Florida had bad weather. 

I don’t know if this is accurate or not. 

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123wrote:

I remembered after reading Viva’s post that the grocery store didn’t have strawberries this entire week. Said they weren’t available because Florida had bad weather. 

@butterfly123  I decided to grow my own this year in clay pots.  I can't find a good strawberry anymore.

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123wrote:

Butterfly,  I don't know where in Florida they get their strawberries, but there hasn't been any 'bad' weather that I know of, at least near Tampa which is near Plant City where most of Florida's strawberry crop isso  grown.   There were plenty of them at Publix yesterday, bu then again we are near the source.   They've been so good this year too.  

There could have been problems shipping them to states where winter is still holding on.  I guess they fly them but I don't know for sure.   They are growing blueberries in this area now and they are awesome,  kind of a back up crop for the farmers.    Hope you can get some good strawberries soon.  

Honored Contributor

I can no longer eat strawberries.

Years ago when I lived in california (southern). We lived in a town that was a huge strawberry grower. Fields and fields and more fields of strawberries. I could eat strawberries way back when. They were so good when picking time came.  Sweet and fat and juicy.

not much else tonight guys, this was just a check in. OK tomorrow guys

Esteemed Contributor

@possummink We have strawberries here in MN, and they have been very tasty.  Reasonably priced too!

Honored Contributor

Rest well my friends.  Blessings.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

@possumminkwrote:

@butterfly123wrote:

Butterfly,  I don't know where in Florida they get their strawberries, but there hasn't been any 'bad' weather that I know of, at least near Tampa which is near Plant City where most of Florida's strawberry crop isso  grown.   There were plenty of them at Publix yesterday, bu then again we are near the source.   They've been so good this year too.  

There could have been problems shipping them to states where winter is still holding on.  I guess they fly them but I don't know for sure.   They are growing blueberries in this area now and they are awesome,  kind of a back up crop for the farmers.    Hope you can get some good strawberries soon.  

_____________ @possummink

Hello Possummink Heart

Love love the blueberries from the frozen section, but have no idea where the fresh ones come from, unless (sometimes California or Chile).  If fortunate!

Always loved strawberries years ago, also those tiny bites in ice cream. Haven't had a whole strawberry in years.

I use to make strawberry shortcakes with (store bought shells) and use the Reddi Whip piled so high.

That must have been the reason I never thought ..`those to be so tart? My husband loves Kiwi, but to me, so bitter.

I had the best juicy fresh- right off the tree {Mangoes} when in Hawaii. I could have lived on those alone.

About 3 years ago I bought some from [home], a local market chain and there must have been some type of anti -bug spray (??) residual after I washed every single one, but whatever, my mouth had swollen instantly.  I have almost stay clear of most fruits, or it must be me!!?

I'm not absolutely sure but do believe I am somewhat allergic to strawberries, now, or they don't like me. 

Never got in the habit of dipping strawberries in chocolate, though. May be because I'm not fascinated about chocolate. I have to ( must )  be in the minority of women for that delicacy.  Everyone seems to loves choclate but me.

I always wait for the Bing cherries when those come in. Usually around late April or May. Just not a fruit expert. I do check now for everything (produce/fruit for husband) where it comes from. 

We had a 3rd generation apple & peach orchard when dad was here.

After daddy was unable to manage it, there was no one else INTERESTED to take up the trade.

We still have the land, though.

Nothing like a fully ripe apple or peach totally developed ...that's something you can't always buy, unless native to an orchard close by. I grew up on all foods.. almost everything organic, or close to it. 

Interesting story, here about fruit, maybe because I never missed much after dad died.

@viva923,

that was a sweet and loving message from you, straight from the heart.

You are loved -and yes, this is home.

I remembered you telling us that about a month ago.

Viva, whoa, that's a lot of crab. I know that would make the best crab cakes. If that 36# for crabs (the other order), I hope that wasn't for a dinner, today. Someone was shorted -definitely if that person loved more than one.

The owner possibly will make up the difference and have a no charge. I would think.

I certainly hope everyone had a very nice Easter, and for family being with you, an added token of love. My / our families are becoming smaller & smaller.

Almost everyone lives much farther away, so visits are not this common.