Honored Contributor

lace curtains, cottage flowers

Honored Contributor

@possumminkwrote:

Vintage Easter postcard with anthropomorphic chick.

Viva,  You are right about that pie.  I'm starving right now and we don'e usually eat supper here at my son's till after 8pm.   At home, I eat at about 5 or 6 pm.

I'm anxious to hear what the knee doctor says about DH's knee.  I hope he can get some help.  Mine is keeping me up at night or waking me up if I sleep on my left side.   I used to be able to sleep on either side equally, but not now.  My poor right shoulder gets so sore with me sleeping on the right side about 95% of the time now.   I've gone back to taking 2 Advil before going to bed,  don't know if it helps or not.  

Eggs are one of my most favortie foods.  I usually have 2 for breakfast every day or at least 5 days a week    Brain food for me.   I also like them on my hamburgers,  which is a rather new thing for me.   I know lots of places have offered it for a while, but it took me some time to try it, and now I love it.   Steak and Shake has a great burger with egg on it.  I think they call it the Monte Carlo, could be off on that.   Applebees, Red Robin also offer that sandwich and they are good too.  Heart

@possummink  One day, I am going to try eggs on pizza.  I saw it on the Food Network, make a spot in the sauce in three or four places, crack the egg open in those spots, and into the hot oven.  I know we will like it, eggs are DH's favorite food, then pizza and hamburgers.  I love to saute spinach and add the eggs on one side, then when the whites are cooked, swirl the runny yolks into the spinach, and gobble down before the yolks solidify, so good.

Honored Contributor

hello guys again

Poss, dh doctor took xrays, has much arthritis in knee. Dr. injected steroid to help with pain. sees doc again in 4 weeks.

I guess the doctor is asking medicare if medicare will allow gel injections. 

have no idea what either injections are about.

what are side effects of the steroid inject???  anyone have gel injections??

dh said his knee was feeling so much better with just this one shot he got today.

OK guys have to go. talk with all later.

Honored Contributor
@possummink
The kitty is just too cute!
(With the toy mouse!)
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@viva923  I have been using Andrew Lessman's glucosamine/chondroitin for a year, and no longer have knee pain.  I believe it builds cartilage.  It may be worth looking into for DH.

Honored Contributor

@viva923wrote:

hello guys again

Poss, dh doctor took xrays, has much arthritis in knee. Dr. injected steroid to help with pain. sees doc again in 4 weeks.

I guess the doctor is asking medicare if medicare will allow gel injections. 

have no idea what either injections are about.

what are side effects of the steroid inject???  anyone have gel injections??

dh said his knee was feeling so much better with just this one shot he got today.

OK guys have to go. talk with all later.

@viva923

My husband also suffers from severe arthritis in his right knee.  He has periodic injections of Euflexxa in his knee and this gives him relief for about six months, give or take.  The doctor's office has to get approval from our insurance company for the Eufflexa which takes several weeks.  Approval has to be requested each time he gets the Eufflexa shot and he's still waiting for new approval for another shot right now. 

DH has had many x-rays of the knee in the past several years.  Orthopedic surgeon will not do knee replacement surgery until it is bone on bone and he is not at that point yet.  So, the shots will have to do for now.  In terms of the Eufflexa shots he has had no negative side effects from them.  They do give him relief from pain for awhile.

I hope your DH's relief from pain continues.  Did he get a cortisone shot or Euflexxa or something else?  MY DH had several cortisone shots before orthopedic doctor went to the Euflexxa shot.  Dr. had recommended another type of shot (forget the name) but our insurance would not approve that one.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

Rose burning out light.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

You are never alone because in truth we are always connected.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Make your mark yourself.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

National-Joe-Day-March-27-1024x512.jpg