QVC Customer Care

Re: THE #1 ITEM BEING PUSHED FOR CHRISTMAS

Super Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

Well those laser tape measure thingies sure flipped my skirt.  Bought a dozen.

Kidding.

@Cakers3  Ha, Ha...you crack me up!  Saw that presentation last night.

Esteemed Contributor

@TX-starlight   I totally agree with you!

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus

Have not watched a second of programming this year, but the times I've flipped by, it's always electronics or beauty something.

I buy so few gifts, I'm not a very good customer.

Everything I bought for my husband, I got elsewhere.

I haven't bought anything for myself, and probably won't.

Trying hard to get rid of things!

In the past, I bought plenty and I miss the days when it was fun to watch.

Either I changed, or QVC did...I suspect a bit of both.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Shanus

Have not watched a second of programming this year, but the times I've flipped by, it's always electronics or beauty something.

I buy so few gifts, I'm not a very good customer.

Everything I bought for my husband, I got elsewhere.

I haven't bought anything for myself, and probably won't.

Trying hard to get rid of things!

In the past, I bought plenty and I miss the days when it was fun to watch.

Either I changed, or QVC did...I suspect a bit of both.

@Witchy Woman   I rarely record shows anymore especially the unspecified “gift shows”. Any gifts I’ve also purchased elsewhere where shipping is free and returns are not a hassle. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't even watch anymore, especially during the holiday onslaught of electronics, beauty, and overpriced handbags.....QVC needs a makeover; I check the website once in a while and there are so many TSVs, OTOs, and "special deals" it could make your head swim....but it's still all the same old same old stuff! I have bought a laptop and other electronics over the years from QVC; all were quickly outdated and the customer support they tout doesn't exist. Of course everything worked for the magic 30 day window...I think they market to those who know nothing about computers and try and give them a reason to take the plunge. Great concept, poor execution.

But where are the flashlights?  I need to restock my gift closet....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Electronics seem to be coming on strong (ALEXA, etc.), but Josie and Philosophy are being shown quite often. Vince Cumuto items and Barefoot Dreams are strongly in the running. I really can’t pin it down.

What are your thoughts? 

@Shanus

I am not interested in any of those. We don’t need or want anything except a chance to relax together. (My Mother has heart failure and remains at home with a mix of paid caregivers but I am still there — a lot) and I am poa and executor for my aunt, who just had a stroke and is is rehab wing of a nursing home for the moment. If she qualifies for assisted living, I may be designing that space and choosing furniture, etc., for a quick move in a week or two. I’m doing my best for all, but my best isn’t good enough, if you ask me.)

Not even doing holiday tree this year! Just being with my husband for lunch out tomorrow, as planned, and sharing what we hope will be a relatively calm Christmas dinner with my mother will be a gift. Sorry for sorry for long reply and veering off subject. Stressed to the max yet grateful, if that makes any sense. 

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Electronics seem to be coming on strong (ALEXA, etc.), but Josie and Philosophy are being shown quite often. Vince Cumuto items and Barefoot Dreams are strongly in the running. I really can’t pin it down.

What are your thoughts? 

@Shanus

I am not interested in any of those. We don’t need or want anything except a chance to relax together. (My Mother has heart failure and remains at home with a mix of paid caregivers but I am still there — a lot) and I am poa and executor for my aunt, who just had a stroke and is is rehab wing of a nursing home for the moment. If she qualifies for assisted living, I may be designing that space and choosing furniture, etc., for a quick move in a week or two. I’m doing my best for all, but my best isn’t good enough, if you ask me.)

Not even doing holiday tree this year! Just being with my husband for lunch out tomorrow, as planned, and sharing what we hope will be a relatively calm Christmas dinner with my mother will be a gift. Sorry for sorry for long reply and veering off subject. Stressed to the max yet grateful, if that makes any sense. 

@libbyannE   You have a lot on your plate and stress to manage. Of course, a calm holiday is just what you need.  Enjoy the time you have with your Mom (& aunt). Wishing you a restful lunch with your hubby. 🌺

Shanus 

Respected Contributor

I don't watch, so I have no idea what's being presented repeatedly. But, like any business, I'm sure they're highlighting those items that have sold well in the past as well as items that market research shows are in demand for their target demographic this season. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Not sure why anyone would think the Q wants to push one item more than any others.  They probably have a "top twenty-five" items they want to move this season  ...  or maybe more. 

They sure are pushing 6 easy pays this year.   I'd rather see better sales and price reductions.