Esteemed Contributor

I prefer calling to a txt but as others said, it's quick. My txt is usually I'm on my way or u need anything from the store?

When we were in the office, taking calls on your cell phone was frowned on. 

DS checks in usually every day or two by quick phonecall.

Others have said I ONLY FB NOW!!! Well, guess we won't be chatting anytime soon! 😉

Respected Contributor

So what I am getting from reading all the great responses is that texting is not a one size fits all method of communicating. What works for one person doesn't necessarily work for the next person. 

I do not own a smart phone, only a landline and flip phone that I keep in my purse in case of an emergency when I am out and about. I spend very little time on the phone anyway, so what I have works for me.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac  How do you text on the computer?Haven't figured that out yet?

Respected Contributor

To me, each form of communication has a purpose but unfortunately, some don't understand the difference. 

My take:

texting - for quick questions, answers

email - for more detailed info, longer explanations

calling - to connect with other people

Also, it's not good to be looking down at a phone all the time and for those that do so, I hope they're seeing a chiropractor regularly.

For me personally, as someone else said, I don't want to be tied to a phone all the time. There's also the fact that once you've been hard of hearing, you really appreciate the human voice.

Honored Contributor

I hate being on the phone unless it's a very brief conversation.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  If you have a Mac, they all come w/Messages app which is inside your Applications folder.  Use it as if you are texting on a cell phone.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Oh, one other thing - I'm astounded when people use text or email when some news really should be relayed via phone since it's more personal. 

Honored Contributor

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

To me, each form of communication has a purpose but unfortunately, some don't understand the difference. 

My take:

texting - for quick questions, answers

email - for more detailed info, longer explanations

calling - to connect with other people

Also, it's not good to be looking down at a phone all the time and for those that do so, I hope they're seeing a chiropractor regularly.

For me personally, as someone else said, I don't want to be tied to a phone all the time. There's also the fact that once you've been hard of hearing, you really appreciate the human voice.

@ThinkingOutLoud   My hearing aids are bluetoothed to my car and cell phone, but hear nothing if  I answer the land line. So, anyone who wants to speak to me knows to call on the cell...clear as a bell. 

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac   Mine is a microsoft computer. Oh well, text on the cell only.

Esteemed Contributor

I much prefer speaking on the phone with anyone I hold dear, because  "hearing" emotion is important to me. So much of the human experience is sometimes lost in translation.😐

I appreciate the convenience of texting, and use the emoticons that are available, but will only do so when it is absolutely necessary! However, I LOVE using emoticons HERE.😁 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖