Honored Contributor

I was up early to get to the gym. On Mondays, there’s a muscle conditioning class using exercise bands, doing lunges, low impact aerobics, etc. 

We all waited over 15 min. and the instructor had not arrived. I was voted to lead the class. All of us had lots of fun and the hour wasn’t wasted.

Respected Contributor

Re: TAUGHT MY GYM CLASS TODAY

@Shanus wrote:

I was up early to get to the gym. On Mondays, there’s a muscle conditioning class using exercise bands, doing lunges, low impact aerobics, etc. 

We all waited over 15 min. and the instructor had not arrived. I was voted to lead the class. All of us had lots of fun and the hour wasn’t wasted.

Wow! That is wonderful!

Honored Contributor

That's good that you were able to take over & still have class.

Are you now the designated Gym teacher?

Kind of like when they had Open House at my dad's house & the Realtor locked her keys in her car so showed up really late.

My brother was there so he showed the house.

Honored Contributor

Good for you.  I would have done the same. 

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Kind of like when they had Open House at my dad's house & the Realtor locked her keys in her car so showed up really late.

@Nightowlz  I’m hoping the instructor’s back on Wed. Stuff happens, like w/ your brother, and somebody just has to take over.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Nightowlz  I’m hoping the instructor’s back on Wed. Stuff happens, like w/ your brother, and somebody just has to take over.

@Shanus I know stuff happens. In your case the class may like you better then the original instructor & could ask you to take over. It's happened around here.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shanus I know stuff happens. In your case the class may like you better then the original instructor & could ask you to take over. It's happened around here.

@Nightowlz  Oh no. I have plenty to keep me busy!!!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

We've tried to have a class member lead a class a couple of times when the instructor didn't show up. We were told by the gym director only gym employee's that are certified to teach that class could lead it because of liability and insurance issues. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

good  for you but  I hope noone got hurt or you could be sued!

Honored Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

We've tried to have a class member lead a class a couple of times when the instructor didn't show up. We were told by the gym director only gym employee's that are certified to teach that class could lead it because of liability and insurance issues. 

Yeah, our fitness center strongly advised out members

we couldn’t take over if someone is late/no show.  

Liability.

I think it just depends on the size of the center...

smaller clubs might be able to get away with it.