Respected Contributor

Re: Summertime at the Back Fence - July 2019

With this hot weather,I brought watermelon and cantaloupe to the fence.Please enjoy and have a "cool" day.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @hellie jo , the watermelon was good.

It's hot here of course but I did manage to venture out to Pet Supplies Plus to pick up various bird food.  We had one heck of a rain move through here this evening.  We needed the rain and my water bill appreciates what nature sent our way.

Now, it get's hot through next Monday.  Stifling hot and humid Woman Sad

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

not a darn thing going on,guess that’s a good thing. Went grocery shopping today before the real heat wave hrs the next few days. Boy Birdmama,I’d love to be able to open the windows even at night but it’s just to darn hot and humid and to get worse the rest of the week. I don’t know how people who work outside manage.they were painting the outside of the grocery store with one hand and drink in the other,plus they were completely covered up.

still not feeling so good. Having a lot of pain/discomfort for this time of year. Guess I’ll be home bound till this heat subsides. You all be carefully,and remember to keep hydrated.

Honored Contributor

Last time I had fresh air in the house was Sunday @Epicurean   The house is on lockdown and will probably stay that way until some time next week.  Today it wasn't so much 'ugly hot' as it was the humid.  It's just going to continue to go downhill through the weekend.  They're calling for a heat index around 103-105 for the weekend.  I guess that's how humid it is going to be.  

My heart breaks for anyone who has to work in this kind of weather.  That's one hard way to make a living.

Honored Contributor

Yesterday I made some chili.  Now dont get excited, it's not like I really cooked Woman Very Happy

I have a few cans of castleberry hot dog chili sauce

Castleberry's Hot Dog Chili Sauce Original (10 oz.)

I also had some Bush's regular kidney beans

Image result for bush's kidney beans

I put the two together in a pot and heated them up and I have to say, it tasted pretty good.  I didn't have any shredded cheddar cheese and I thought the shredded swiss in the fridge would be disgusting so I gave the chili a few squirts of mustard Woman LOL

Today I ran over to Little Caesar's and grabbed a $5 hot and ready pepperoni pizza and a large garden salad.  I ate half the salad and pizza today and will finish it off tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

Hey Freddie @Winifred   Where are you hiding yourself?

Respected Contributor

I, too, am worried about @Winifred ...... she describes herself as "being older than dirt" and now appears to have severe health issues. She doesn't really say anything (except that things are harder for her ) but our lack of knowledge makes for "worry" time.....

Please let us know that you are alright.....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

Thank you @hellie jo , the watermelon was good.

It's hot here of course but I did manage to venture out to Pet Supplies Plus to pick up various bird food.  We had one heck of a rain move through here this evening.  We needed the rain and my water bill appreciates what nature sent our way.

Now, it get's hot through next Monday.  Stifling hot and humid Woman Sad

@Bird mama   I have watermelon in the frig all through summer, very healthy, and nothing better on a hot day than juicy, cold watermelon.  I make DH eat it on Sundays when he is working outside so he keeps hydrated.

Honored Contributor

Well, the weather folks were right - it's pretty hot out there.  I think the humidity arrived earlier than anticipated.  I was able to swing over to Cost Cutters (the new name for my BoRics hair salon) this afternoon and get my haircut.  I look human again and left quite a bit of hair on the salon floor.  Lots of upper management have been visiting the salon due to the name change and some changes in procedures.

The regional or district supervisor decided to walk with Arda (the manager of that particular location) up to the register to talk about ordering hair color etc right at the time Falam was checking me out.  

I don't know if the stylists are supposed to declare tips or not and this 'district supervisor' was not moving so I gave Falam the money for the haircut and when she was giving me my change I kinda slid $6 as a tip down the wall of the little area surrounding the register.

Falam just laughed.  Sigh - I'm not good at being sneaky.

Respected Contributor

Bernie, am just really tired and horribly busy trying to get things done. Did start my radiation this past Thursday but all the Scans, trips to the Vet with Miss Blackie this go-round and dying of the stinking humidity - car going out on me. going to medical appointments the HOSPITAL has screwed up, not a good week. But here I am! Had two days of sitting and waiting with nothing to eat each day for about 6 hours. Unreal. That was at the dumb hospital.

Oh well, that is now in the past - I hope. Humidity has gotten better and so far today have had no AC on. Yes indeed.

Hope all are behaving.