Honored Contributor

Re: Summertime at the Back Fence - July 2019

Hello all, a storm blew through here yesterday around 6:30 and I lost power.  Power was finally restored at 2:17 this afternoon.  I could offer everyone some gingerale but that's it.  Every single thing in my fridge had to be pitched today.  And I just did the grocery shopping and bought things for 4th of July.  Oh well, once I get a bath, get some laundry done (I missed being able to do a load of wash most of all, lol) I'll put together the shopping list and take another crack at it later tonight.

I hope they restocked the all beef hot dogs.  The pickings were already getting a little slim yesterday.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Related image

I went shopping last night plus my sister is coming over and bringing a dish or two.

Here's what's on the menu to share:

Beef franks (hot dogs); toppings - chili, shredded cheese, onions, mustard, ketchup 

Bush's country style baked beans

Macaroni salad

Potato salad

Better Made Snack size regular and BBQ chips.  (Local favorite) 

Sugar cookies, lol.

Image result for lofthouse sugar cookies stars

If there's any room left in the stomach then golden vanilla ice cream

Image result for meijer golden vanilla ice cream

I bought a pound of cranberry walnut relish.  This is not just for Thanksgiving or Christmas.  It tastes divine as a topping for ice cream

Image result for meijer cranberry walnut relish

Respected Contributor

David and his Dad came up anf xied something to eat. Hot dogs, corn on he cob, deviled eggsand a couple oher things I have already forgotten. It was good and I did nothing. They also trimmed a couple branches from the huge pine which belongs to the neighbor, which is hovering over our old Lilacs and they are suffering. Sure did appreciate their efforts. Miracles never cease.

A bit hot today but I still got all the feeders filled.

Am suffering right now - got some shampoo in my right eye - and both have had cataract surgery so when something hits the eye ball that isn't suppose to be there you sure know it. Hurts to just open my eye - sounds like a good time to go to bed.

HOpe all had a great day.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hot again here with high humidity.   The weather casts keep teasing us about when this heat wave is going to end.  It's always one more day.  That was 5 days ago.  

Thank goodness you weren't bothered by the earthquake, Freddie.  

That must have such a pleasant surprise that Davey came for   cookout since he hasn't even been speaking and also helped with some chores    Good for him.   

I think one more day of taping Merle's ear and I'll be off the hook.  Such a fuss button.  The first two days didn't get any complaints but now I get --  do those tapes match up right. Yes they do dear and the next strip is going you know where.  I would never make it in the nursing field.  

Honored Contributor

Freddie @Winifred  I hope your eyes are feeling better today.  I should buy stock in Visine tears, lol.  

Image result for visine tears

I'm forever getting something in my eye and sadly I've can now irrigate my eye like a professional.

Betty @yock  I was up at 5:30 and the school athletic field behing my house was shrouded in fog.  By the time 8 am rolled in it was already swamping feeling outside.  We have some heat advisories going until 10 pm tonight because they are saying the real feel with humidity will get near 100 degrees.  I think it's going to cool down on Monday - 83 degrees.  If there is no humidity on that day then I will be up before the crack o dawn to fling open every window in this house, lol.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   Freddie are you okay?  I read there was another big earthquake over there in CA.

Honored Contributor

It was a little cooler and breezier this morning so I opened the windows in the house for a couple of hours.  The house needed to breathe. 

Now that my recycle drop off center is closed (don't know if it's permanent or due to construction of the new DPW building) I visited the alternate.  I don't care for the alternate.  It's smaller and there doesn't seem to be enough containers to accommodate the citizens.  That and they mix the paper and cardboard together Woman Surprised   Woman Very Happy

What are you gonna do?  Guess I'm glad I still have the option to drop off.

Trusted Contributor

guess we,re lucky Birdmama. Our trash company picks up our recyclables. But they are stopping glass containers. Seems some people are too darn lazy to rinse them out first,so we can take them to the dump if we want.

the weather here is just terrible,hot and humid every day and night,I so want to open the windows.

Honored Contributor

Because I wasn't there when he was born, we celebrate Grayson's birthday on the day he joined the flock.

Today is Grayson's 10th Heart

Image result for birthday cupcakes 10 years old

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday to Grayson!!