Trusted Contributor

Re: Summertime at the Back Fence - July 2019

Have been on phone with SS and with my credit card co.   Apparently someone tried to open an on line ss account which I did not.  Got a second letter saying someone had requested a change of address which I hadn't done either.  

Also got a letter with some charges on my card. We cancelled the card.  

SS was very helpful. I figured I'd have to drag myself to the office. I called the first time and they asked for my ss no.  I hung up because I didn't think they should do that. But I was mistaken. The helpful woman said when you call us it's a different story.  I think that's clear now.    Things like that throw me for a loop.  I'm so afraid I'll miss something.  

Honored Contributor

Wow, that's eerie Betty @yock   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It's been little over a week since we had the rainstorm that took out my power.  The rain we got last Tuesday was heavy, but short term.  It was the wind that did a number on the power lines Woman Happy

I woke up about an hour later than I expected I would (7:30) and decided to take the hose and oscillating sprinkler outside to water my front yard.  Since the maple tree 'surgery' I don't have as much shade out front anymore.  The grass at the base of the maple was getting really dried out and I thought to myself - Bernie, the last thing you need is this tree being stressed out because it's thirsty.

I'm working a section at a time and I've already been rewarded for my effort by the Robins that have come by to eat Heart

I've been pretty fortunate.  We've had so much rain this spring/summer that this is the first time I've had to water.  That's a good thing too since the water rates went up again last year.

Respected Contributor

Hey Bernie - you still use Visine? My eye MD would kick me out of his office - he says that is one of worst eye drops there are. Now I have had cataract surgery but I would not use that stuff. If you shop at Walgreen's get their lubricant eye drops - It is perfect for any eye problem. If not the other kind is Refresh - I think that is right. It is in a green container. Cannot find my bottle of that. He gave me a good lecture some years back about how many people do not use a SAFE eye lubricant. You may want to try this.

Very stuffy here today. We have been blessed this summer - only had three miserable days in June and today is our first for July - they say we will have 3 to 4 days and then it will go back down. Wow - LOVE IT>

Got to get up AGAIN tomorrow morning and head for the hospital AGAIN for yet another SCAN - am tired of those things - JUst wish they would start giving me my radiation treatments - should have them finished this week. Have not even started.

Hope all have a good day.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   Yea, I bought the 2-pack of visine  Woman Very Happy   It's not the kind that has any type of medication to get the red out.  It's supposed to be just a lubricant.  I should probably buy a box of Refresh - I have used it in the past.

If health care in California moves that dam* slow I'm glad I'm in Michigan.  It took them how many years to determined that something in your lungs required treatment and now that they know, they drag their feet to treat it.

I wish I lived near you so I could put my foot up their --- to get them moving.  I will step on the neck of anyone who is between the patient and the treatment. 

Relentless could be a word used to describe me Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bird mama wrote:

@Winifred   Yea, I bought the 2-pack of visine  Woman Very Happy   It's not the kind that has any type of medication to get the red out.  It's supposed to be just a lubricant.  I should probably buy a box of Refresh - I have used it in the past.

If health care in California moves that dam* slow I'm glad I'm in Michigan.  It took them how many years to determined that something in your lungs required treatment and now that they know, they drag their feet to treat it.

I wish I lived near you so I could put my foot up their --- to get them moving.  I will step on the neck of anyone who is between the patient and the treatment. 

Relentless could be a word used to describe me Woman Very Happy

@Bird mama   This is not normal medical care in California.  It may depend on what insurance one has, if any, and/or the medical facility, I don't know, but I have never heard of a situation like @Winifred, outrageous how long this has taken and still no treatment..  

When I had the pain which turned out to be acute pancreatitis, I underwent every kind of test to determine what was wrong the same day I went to ER, and was admitted.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and I am a very squeaky wheel when I have to be.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  You have to be the squeaky wheel even in Michigan. 

Respected Contributor

Well I went and had another SCAN done today. I got really mouthy with them again. NOW they told me I would get a call to come in and talk to Dr Nelson AGAIN" and he would explain the treatment and set them up for me. My GAWD should have finished it all by  now. Was a nice group of people in their waiting room - super nice. Three of them were almost finished - One guy came out and was clapping, said he only had three more treatments. I wanted to growl at him since I have notyet had one of my 30 treatments I will get. Grrr. But I was a good girl.

Honored Contributor

I don't know how I missed a day at the Back Fence.  Some days I'm losing it, lol.

Freddie @Winifred   Stay on Dr. Nelson so you don't fall through the cracks.  I'll tell ya ain't that the way.  They tell people to be proactive and then when something is found they drag their feet to address it.  Smh.

I have a new rescue pigeon.  I'll keep everyone up on the details in the Bird's Nest thread (whether anyone wants the details or not Woman Very Happy).

Honored Contributor

It was not too hot for the better part of the day so I flung open every window that opened and aired out the house.

It's gonna be hot (90's) and humid this coming week.  Arghhhh.

I didn't cook today, lunch was 2 of these.  I'll leave some out if you want to nibble.

Image result for sargento smart breaks with pumpkins seeds