Honored Contributor

Summertime at the Back Fence - July 2019

Welcome friends old and new to the Back Fence.  The Back Fence is where neighbors gather to catch up on life and to share a treat or meal (bring food, hint hint) Woman Very Happy

I was busy busy along the fence and set up some things to keep us comfy while we're visiting.

The pop up canopy has been 'popped up'

Image result for outdoor canopy

I found an easy access table and put it under the canopy.  No gymnastic moves needed to sit down and have a bite to eat.

Image result for easy access picnic table

I've scattered a few zero gravity lawn chairs for when we want to put our feet up

Image result for zero gravity lawn chairs

I'm leaving some muffins and fruit.

Image result for muffin assortment with fruit

Image result for make your own fruit cup

I would have made a fruit salad however that cantaloupe can overpower other fruits, lol.

Of course, coffee and tee are available on the table under the canopy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Re: Summertime at the Back Fence - July 2019

[ Edited ]

Yesterday the Q kicked off their Christmas in July programming.  I for one am not a fan of all that early Christmas programming but what are you gonna do?

I love the figural flameless candles by Candle Impressions and spotted this online.  You know I had to order it right?     

Candle Impressions Mother and Baby Deer Flameless Candle - H220132

I don't worry about seasons with these candles.  I keep out the duck gourd candles and the little birds wearing winter hats and scarves all year long.  

Respected Contributor

I think this Christmas in July started out good,but from now till December the Q will be into it.Maybe next year it will start in May.If you can"t beat em,join em.I love Christmas, but not yet.Thank you for all that wonderful food and I have brought along some bagels and cream cheese,and also some lemonade.Let"s party!Happy July!

Trusted Contributor

can't remember where I posted about Maggie, my daughter's dog.   She went to the Bridge this evening around 5 at the vets office. My daughter held her. This will be hard for her since her other dog she had we kinda adopted when she went off to colkegeso she didn't see this part of it. Maggie was a sweet loving dog and we will all miss her.  

Trusted Contributor

Yock,I’m so,so sorry. My daughter had to put her 13 yr. old dog down this past year. It’s just heartbreaking. She’s done it before and it never gets easier. We had her a lot and still miss her terribly. The love they give us is wonderful.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Betty @yock  you posted it in the June thread (you are not losing it Smiley Happy)  I'm so glad that your daughter found the strength to be with Maggie through the transition.  I still remember my first time - October 1, 1981.  I was having my cat Midnight treated for an ear infection (so the vet said) and we went back for a follow up.  I was 19, alone in the vet with Midnight and the vet (who I could not stand, I preferred his partner) said Midnight needed to be put to sleep.  I said what!! He then proceeded to take Midnight into another room and said he'd be right back.  I had enough common sense to say and where in the hel* do you think you are going with my cat?  He said, you don't need to be there for it.  I said, the hel* I don't, she's my first cat, I've had her since the second grade.

I managed to remain calm and I think I was in shock.  I felt so bad, especially for my Ma because I left with a live cat and came home with a cat that needed to be buried.

When my dog Spottie died in January 1992, he was my first dog and sadly I did not handle it that well.  Actually I was calm and composed until I gave him over to God.  I passed out and hit the floor after he took his last breath.  Not my finest moment waking up on the floor.  My sister was crying, the lady vet (the partner I liked) was crying.  

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   the love they give us is perfect and unconditional.  

Honored Contributor

My former internist told me she still had her dog from childhood, seventeen, as she went through school and med school, but of course is long gone now.  I don't know how much longer the dog lived as my doctor went into concierge practice so I had to leave her.

Honored Contributor

I take brand name synthroid and I participate in the synthroid direct program by Abbvie Labs.  Basically they want people to keep buying brand name Synthroid so if you order it from one pharmacy in Florida, you can get it for a pretty decent cost.

My synthroid pill is 7mm big which is just a smidge bigger than 1/4 of an inch.  Because I'm on a weird dosing schedule of one per day except for Sunday, take 2, a 90 day supply comes out to 104 pills.

I mention the size of the pill and how many come in a bottle because I can't stop laughing at the size of the bottle I received yesterday when my RX was refilled.

I took a picture of the bottle next to a standard 12 ounce can of gingerale  Woman LOL Woman LOL

IMG_20190702_150907258.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I take brand name synthroid and I participate in the synthroid direct program by Abbvie Labs.  Basically they want people to keep buying brand name Synthroid so if you order it from one pharmacy in Florida, you can get it for a pretty decent cost.

My synthroid pill is 7mm big which is just a smidge bigger than 1/4 of an inch.  Because I'm on a weird dosing schedule of one per day except for Sunday, take 2, a 90 day supply comes out to 104 pills.

I mention the size of the pill and how many come in a bottle because I can't stop laughing at the size of the bottle I received yesterday when my RX was refilled.

I took a picture of the bottle next to a standard 12 ounce can of gingerale  Woman LOL Woman LOL

IMG_20190702_150907258.jpg

@Bird mama   and the bottle has hardly any pills, right?  I never understand why the pharmacy crams tons of pills into a bottle almost to overflowing, and other huge bottles with few pills, makes no sense.