Honored Contributor

We are using our air conditioning less and less. And many nights the temperature is 67 - 71 degrees. 

Esteemed Contributor

I will be so glad to see summer end. As I write this, it has a feel like temp of 100 degrees and its 5:46 pm. I've had more than enough heat this summer.

Also, can't wait for the tourists to finally leave so we residents can finally get out for awhile.

Btw, our numbers have been 1,000+ cases per day - why would anyone visit a hot spot and risk their health.

Valued Contributor

I love summer! I grew up in California and then moved to the midwest after I got married. I hated every single minute of it, was so miserable. The summer there was only 2 months! Can u imagine what that does to a girl who loves being in the sun. I just moved back to California and am soooo happy. Its still sunny even in november. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Regular Contributor

Fall is my favorite season although I do like having 4 seasons.

Summer is ok, but can not stand the way I sweat!

Honored Contributor

Hopefully next summer will be a better one.

Respected Contributor

Action Replay: August 2016 - LOL: Life Of Leo

Honored Contributor

Everywhere in the North is saying good bye summer, hello fall.    I'd love it if it stayed sort of light until 11pm!  Meteorogically, 9/1 is Fall but the change started here a week or so ago.  Suddenly it's dark at 6am and dusk comes earlier than it did two weeks ago.  And it's so much cooler.  Those 90's and high 80's are gone.  Today it's 72 but it feels cooler.  I like to sleep with a window open a little for the fresh air but I still have the summer blanket on the bed so I have to put one of the fleece throws on the bed because it goes down into the 50's at night.  Basically, we get 10 weeks of real summer.  June, July and half of August.  That's why I treasure it and I don't jump to the next season or the next holiday too soon.  The forecast is 80ish for the weekend and I hope they are right.  Any day when I can wear a maxi skirt and sandals is a gift now.  I'm in leggings and sweat shirt because it's a Fall day.  It's primary voting day here in MA and it will be chilly when we go later this afternoon.     

Esteemed Contributor

@qualitygal 

Yes, I feel the same way. 

Honored Contributor
We were so happy to see an end to triple digits today. We had clouds and then rain and the temp dropped down to 73. Nice change from 104 and higher. DH and I usually have to wait until at least 7:45 to do our evening walk because the sun is still too high before then and the heat index is still over 100. Today we grabbed our shoes and one small umbrella ( just in case) and walked at 6:00 pm. It was wonderful! Nice breeze; first cool one we have felt in months.....decided we would walk longer...after about half an hour, a huge bolt of lightening hit about two blocks away from where we were...no rain or thunder....just lightning. I think we set a new land speed record as we went home! As soon as we closed the door behind us, a huge rainstorm hit....that lightning was nature’s warning to get home! I am so anxious for fall!

Trusted Contributor

I live at extreme altitude and while not unusual, it looks like this next Tuesday is a snow day.