Respected Contributor

Re: Summer is arriving at the BACK FENCE this June 2017

Heat wave continuing - now extended thru Thursday. Way too early for us with this triple digit weather - too hot for anyone to be outside, warnings on TV thru the day, old coots and kids stay inside. Well I know that. At least the two little ones slept better last night - Saturday night was sheer torture for all of us - neither one of them felt well at all and this old woman got little or no sleep. Poor little things, they were so miserable but last night a lot better. Ricky climbed in my bed - a first and I let him stay - I think he just needed to as the night before he really struggled. The little girl woke up for about an hour or so in the middle of the night so she and I headed to the sofa and stretched out there for a spell and she calmed down and went back to sleep. Soooooo much better than the night before. I suspect the heat has had a bearing on them also. Poor little things.

I suspect we will see no indication of rain for some months to come. Sigh. Air is so dirty and and this State has done so well with getting it cleaned up but times may be returning to dirty air - sure hope not as the clean air has made a difference. Cost a little bit but healthwise it sure has made a big difference.

Stay cool everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Supposed to be cooler today but the map must have a fuse loose.  It is hot and muggy.  My blinds are to be here today but they are predicting storms. Sure don't want that guy putting up metal parts inside glass windows if there is lightening.  Maybe he'll get here before the storms or maybe as usual there will be no storms.  

So sorry that Ricky and Leah are feeling the effects of the heat.  How about you?  Are you using your oxygen?

Bernie I was just looking at a solar water fountain for my bird bath. Don't know if mine is deep enough or not.  We don't feed the birds any more but I do keep the bird bath full.  The robins like to bathe there. I thought it might be fun to see if they'd like a fountain. My birdbath sits in full sun do since this is solar powered  should be easy.   At least that's what it says.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@Winifred

I'm sorry that you are in for a heat wave.  We just went through one for about 8 days.  It probably doesn't compare to Southern California heat.  Ours was full of humidity and in the 90's. 

@yock

I hope we get some rain.  It's great that you make sure there is water out there for the birds.  Birds will die of dehydration before they die of hunger. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

We did get rain. The rain gauge only showed an inch but it seemed like much more.  The blind man was here during the downpour and it was lightening.  I said don't you think it a bit risky with all this glass. He said my life insurance is up to date.  Then he launched into a story about his brother and he fishing in an aliminum boat with a storm coming.  The fish were biting so they stayed out til the last possible moment.   Anyway it soon turned into just rain, thank goodness. 

But it seems as if the company didn't send the right remote control.   They sent brackets which I already had and not enough of the connecting wires to the battery.   So, now it will be Friday and hopefully the control works and he will know how to program.  It takes him a long time but he eventually gets it done. I went on you tube and it isn't that much different from the old motors.   If he ever gets these done,  he'll have lots of spare time. Lol.   He did say he had another job to install. I actually thinks it helps him. He has many health problems including severe arthritis.   I don't know how he gets done what he does but he loves to talk.   He's a very nice man who truly wants the job to be right.  But it can be maddening sometimes.  I'm looking forward to Friday.  

Were re having a nice break from the humidity.  

Honored Contributor

@yock

If you say so Betty

Image result for laughing bird

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If google translate is working correctly, here is what Betty @yock was saying

We did get rain. The rain gauge only showed an inch but it seemed like much more.  The blind man was here during the downpour and it was lightening.  I said don't you think it a bit risky with all this glass. He said my life insurance is up to date.  Then he launched into a story about his brother and he fishing in an aliminum boat with a storm coming.  The fish were biting so they stayed out til the last possible moment.   Anyway it soon turned into just rain, thank goodness.

But it seems as if the company didn't send the right remote control.   They sent brackets which I already had and not enough of the connecting wires to the battery.   So, now it will be Friday and hopefully the control works and he will know how to program.  It takes him a long time but he eventually gets it done. I went on you tube and it isn't that much different from the old motors.   If he ever gets these done,  he'll have lots of spare time. Lol.   He did say he had another job to install. I actually thinks it helps him. He has many health problems including severe arthritis.   I don't know how he gets done what he does but he loves to talk.   He's a very nice man who truly wants the job to be right.  But it can be maddening sometimes.  I'm looking forward to Friday. 

Were re having a nice break from the humidity. 

Trusted Contributor

Yikes,even with the A.C. On I don't feel like cooking. So,we just had pancakes and sausage tonight. There's plenty left if anyone so desires. I love having breakfast food for dinner.

hopefully the tile man will be here this week to do our upstairs baths. Will be so very glad to get rid of that old vinyl floor.got little octagon shaped tile,white with a few random black.

we have been having enough rain that we don't have to water anything yet.but this humidity is getting tiresome...

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@yock

If you say so Betty

Image result for laughing bird

@Bird mama  LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

How dare Betty say that to us!!!!!!!!! Still sulking over it. Love pancakes for dinner - nothing wrong with that at all. Before the triple digits set in am trying to get a couple things done here. Back later!

Honored Contributor

I remember my Ma making pancakes for dinner, usually with bacon, on those days when she was at a loss of what to make for dinner. 

I always liked breakfast food best so having any kind of breakfast food for dinner is always a treat.  I keep Ma's tradition :-)