Trusted Contributor

Re: Summer is arriving at the BACK FENCE this June 2017

Bernie,I'll sit under your tent today. It's summer here in Va. In the 90's,and hot at night.

had a nice weekend. Our son and the two boys were here,his wife is out of town. Went to lunch at a little local Mexican rest.,very good food.my oldest grandson just turned 16. 

My daughters dog has been acting strange. Pacing,panting,stumbling etc. she might possibly has Cushing  disease.it can be treated. It's common in older dogs.which she is. She seemed improved in just two days.

Nothing else going on,just my aching back.seems as though the lidocaine patches help more than anything. I wear them for 12 hours a day,then off at nighttime.that and pain meds keep me going,barely.

you all stay cool  and remember to keep hydrated.

Trusted Contributor

Always good to see you at the BF Epi.  How nice you got to spend some time with your son and grandsons.  They make the world go round.  Have you read one perfect lie by Lisa Scottline sp. that book really held my interest 

well strange things just keep happening. The shooting In Alexandria was horrid and the fire in London.  Tonight found out they Arrested a police officer just a block away for being Intoxicated. . Thank goodness he had pulled over and gone to sleep.  Right In Front of where we grocery shop.  

We we were supposed to get storms yesterday but we got a half teaspoon.    It's supposed to try again tonight.   The ground is really dry even with all the spring rain we had. The robins were enjoying the bird bath.  

Honored Contributor

@EpicureanI'm glad you have fun with your son and grandson.

I'll say a prayer for your daughter's dog.  I remember what it was like when my Max got older.  His mama got even more paranoid :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@yock

Did you get any rain last night?  A strong line of storms crossed Michigan with the worst of it hitting north of me.  I heard no thunder last night - then again, I sleep like I am in a coma. 

When I awoke the sidewalks were wet - at least I don't have to water for the robins today.  Sun is now out and it remains sticky out there.

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama.  Yes we got a little  and a little more today.   Some parts of town got lots more.   

Tonight we we decided to go to a small town very near us and it just poured.   The parking lot was full so we had to park a ways out.  Never mind I say, I have my fancy umbrella. By the time he walked around the car, he was wet.  But I managed to share my fancy umbrella with him. We got to the entrance of restaurant, I reached up and put my fancy umbrella down.  Oops, he was standing in front of it and as I pulled it shut, he caught all the rain from it.   I, on the other hand was perfectly dry.  The outside of the umbrella was dry.  I had to laugh but somehow he wasn't laughing.  Note to self   Make sure no one us in front of where you are closing it.   

OH dear.  My grands have made so much fun of me and my umbrella, that I told them each of them will get one for their birthday.   Tyler cones up first in July   I know he would never carry one so I bought a gardening umbrella.  It just sits on your head and keeps sun and rain off your head and your hands are still free to plant or weed.  I thought it would be at fun thing to give and it was only $8     Should be good for a giggle.  Or  not.  

Respected Contributor

Rain??? What is that?

Trusted Contributor

yes,Yock,I did read this book,but did not think much of it. This month or next she has one coming out about the two female attorneys she always writes about I always enjoy those books. Have not really read anything great lately. I am now re-reading East Of Eden,my favorite book of all time. I read it every couple of years.

Bernie,thanks for your prayers. The dog is doing much better,but will have more tests when she is done with antibiotics. My daughter really gets stressed when the dog is ill.

still hot,hot,hot.

stay cool all.

Trusted Contributor

Hot and humid today.  It's supposed to storm later. 

We are eating out tomorrow. Never been to this place. I don't know if they are having a buffet or eating off the menu    My sil had hip surgery a week ago so not sure he could manage a buffet 

Honored Contributor

It's hot and humid here too.  I think it's going to be sticky like this tomorrow too and I feel for anyone planning a cookout for father's day. 

Honored Contributor

Well, we didn't get any rain to speak of around me this weekend.  It was double ugly outside yesterday.  Today, around 4pm the wind picked up and moved the heat out of here.  I've had windows open since then and the house feels great.