Respected Contributor

Re: Summer is arriving at the BACK FENCE this June 2017

Betty, it seems to be crazy EVERYWHERE anymore. Yesterday when hi school got out a kid ploughed into kids outside the campus waiting for their transportation home - we do not have school buses any more - so dumb - but the kid - a minor driving a PU, was released to his parents??????? It did not sound as if anyone was seriously hurt but still a lot of kids were hit. I do not drive anywhere near that school when it lets out - a nightmare for sure. Also several other accidents all around.

I got the new outside table put together and feel good about the fact I could get it done. Davey got one chair put together and hopefully today he will get the other three done. I always have trouble reading directions that come with things but must say this manufacturer made it so very easy. They had all the pieces for everything packaged separately yet together so you were not looking all through everything to figure out what went where. I give them credit PLUS it was an inexpensive table and chairs. I got it at Home Depot - Hampton is the manufacturer and I sure give them an A+ for packing and making it easy to do. Wow!!

Have some coffee and bagels - yep, back to my cinnamon and raisin bagels - even brought along some cream cheese. Again, thank goodness for my trusty Slanket.

Have a great day one and all.

Trusted Contributor

• @Bird mama  no wonder it's been so crazy.   I think I feel those vibes too.  At least that's what I am blaming it on.  
Trusted Contributor

And now, they just discovered a body in one of our three rivers. 

Honored Contributor

@yock

OMG!!!!!!!!!

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Winifred

Freddie I'm sorry to read that a kid ran into other kids who were just waiting to go home.  I can't just blame it on kids - the world in general seems to be in such a hurry these days.

Glad you have your outdoor table and at least one chair assembled. 

The directions that come with ready to assemble stuff sure is not what it used to be.  I would know, I've bought alot of ready to assemble things in my life.

I remembe when my sister Anna got a special bath chair from Amazon, my sister Mary decided to go over and assemble it.  She stared at the directions - just pictures - no words for so long, I don't remember which one of them said it, but I understand a comment was made - we better get the German (that would be me, lol).  Mary ended up getting it together on her own - I just thought it was funny.

Respected Contributor

My comment re the "kid" was I have to wonder why a parent would let a "minor" drive around that school when it gets out. It is a nightmare and the nightmare started when they stopped the buses. We have no city buses either. We do have a bus which goes up the main drag to another city but there are no such things as city buses. Those school buses need to be returned - this area is very sprawling also and parents are above being angry having to pick up and take schools. I went insane when they started it. When I say it is a nightmare I ain't kidding.

A young one can get a license at 16 BUT they cannot drive anyone else, have to have a B average in high school and I did not think they were allowed to drive by the schools - maybe that changed when they dropped the buses. I know the report said he was released to his parents - that kind of tells me he perhaps was not suppose to be there. The bus stop they are mentioning is one that the bus stops at in coming and going to the other city.

Wasn't as hot today - thank goodness. Also hope the little one goes to sleep earlier than she did last night. Sigh. By the way, Davey finished putting the chairs together. If ONLY his Mother would take charge of him more often he would be a much better kid - he DOES listen to her but hardly anyone else. She is wasting a great opportunity to get him on track. Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

Without some sort of bussing system in place, I'm amazed that anyone gets around at all.  It's got to be hard for parents/guardians to get kids to school and back, especially if they work.

I took the public bus with my middle sister to highschool for most of my Freshman year.  My middle sister was 2 years ahead of me.  When she got her license, she drove us to school and by the time she graduated, I had my license at age 16.

The public busses were hit and miss and I lived in a rough part of Detroit so being able to take the car to school was a godsend. 

Trusted Contributor

Turns out the body in the river was a well known athlete from here. He was a standout in hS and college and played for two professional teams.  He has two children.  Of late he had been having some kind of mental problems. They say no drugs so I'm wondering if a football injury. Time will tell I guess.  

Joe came and trimmed all our bushes blew off the roof debris and mowed the lawn. He was picking up stuff so mowed pretty short so was glad to see rain this morning. The biggest bonus was I got to play with Natalie.  She had been to the dentist day before and they extracted four teeth. New ones were coming in and the baby ones would not budge.  It went well.  

Freddie we have limited school bus service here. None of my greats are eligible. The twins in Ohio get to ride to and from.  It makes a mess here with all the cars and I try to stay home til that traffic is over. They also have places where it is unsafe for kids to walk. They walk along the roadway.  A disaster waiting to happen.  

this is our last day of cooler weather, headed to 90s. Keep hoping I'll get a call from the blind man that the new motors are here. It really makes a difference when I can block those sun rays. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone, today I am leaving some cupcakes as it's my youngest bird Presto's 4th birthday.

Image result for birthday cupcakes

Trusted Contributor

Happy birthday, Presto!!!!