Trusted Contributor

Re: Summer is Heating up the Back Fence - July 2018

Spoiler
B

Bernie,my teeth have been breaking off at the gum line. Finally found a dentist who could tell me why. Because I have been taking so much med. for so long my mouth,gums are very dry.that makes them break.that being said I'm not spending a fortune to save teeth that are only going to break off anyway. Oh,FYI, I could have implants at the cost of 25,000,LMAO!!!😂😂

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean. Oh i know.  I had the same oral surgeon for years so we were really comfortable with each other, lol.  He started harping on me about implants right after i bought this house.  I asked him if he was going to be my patron.  When he didnt pick up on that i asked if he was going be my sponsor.  He didn't pick up on that either so i said unless he was gonna be my sugar daddy he could stop the discussion on implants.  That ended that Woman LOL

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oh Betty @yock

Image result for happy birthday flowers and balloons gif

Respected Contributor

Don't you know Betty had a blast on her BD with the entire family???

Had my computer in the shop to get cleaned up - they sure were slow this time but finally got it back.

We are in the midst of a horrible heat wave - can hardly breathe and even with AC this house is not real comfy.

Take care everyone.

Respected Contributor

Got Ricky to the ER to check on his ear. Am so proud of him - he did so very well. He is on antibiotics and drops for the ear - an infection. He has a tendency to stuff stuff in his ears. Geesh.

This heat is so very bad - tomorrow we are due to be around 113 - give or take - but the problem is the humidity.

No time outdoors as you cannot breathe out there. So very bad - I think I am back in New Orleans. Have such a hard time in this air which is thicker than thick.

Hope all are well - stay cool!!!!!!@

Honored Contributor

@Winifred  Since Betty hasn't posted in a little while, have you been in contact with her?  Is she okay?

Sorry that Ricky has an ear infection, especially in the stifling heat that you have been having.  My youngest niece (now a grown woman) used to get ear infections alot when she was little. Not fun.

Respected Contributor

Betty is OK but having some problems - aren't we all any more She had a BD so I know she was celebrating it with her family. She is probably tired now. LOL.

This heat is just killing me - I keep saying heat but it is the humidity - so very hard to breathe.

Need to get up and move a few steps at least. Have a good day everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Yock,a very warm but belated Happy Birthday to you.

boy,I am so tired of this heat,rain,humidity.this is the worse summer I have remembered in a long time

Good news,no sign of any more mice. But the traps are still set,just in case.

hubby is happy,picked up his new car today. What is it with guys and new cars? 

Honored Contributor

It's not just guys @Epicurean  Does your husband name his cars?  I know I do.  The one I have now is named Camille.

Honored Contributor

So my eyeglass drama continues.  I had two pair made (one far distance with bifocal, one computer/near with bifocal) back in early June.  My insurance paid for one pair - VSP lab cut those lenses.  I paid for the other pair and some other lab cut those lenses.  Got both pair in a week.

The far distance was okay except the bifocal was too strong.  In order to read something I had to have it up near my chin area to see it.  I don't read that way.  My reading material tends to be more in my lap.  It's a distance of about 18 inches from my eyes.

The computer/near was so strong it distorted the shape of things I was looking it.  The bifocal on that one was too strong too.

So I went back to the eye doctor, she herself did the refractions, ended up spending 90 minutes with me and I thought we nailed it. 

I specifically told her that the bifocal in each eyeglass should be identical. No matter which eyeglass I had on, I should see out of the bifocal the same way.  

Went back to the optical place on June 22 to have glasses redone.  If you need an adjustment within 30 days of receiving glasses they have to remake them at no cost to you.  If insurance is involved they don't get paid a second time.  

VSP pulled some BS that the lenses they needed to remake the glasses were on backorder.  Just got both sets of glasses yesterday after waiting over a month.

Great news - computer/near glasses are fine.

Bad news - far distance bifocal remains jacked up.  Instead of needing to have reading material near my chin, I now only need reading material near where the band of a bra fits on a woman's body.  I guess that is progress however I still don't read that way.

The optical place is working with me and they will calculate the adjustment needed to back down the far distance bifocal today.  When it comes time for my exam in 2019, I'm going to the eye doctors at the optical place that is working with me.  I won't be going back to the eye doctor I saw this year.