Honored Contributor

Re: Summer is Heating up the Back Fence - July 2018

@Bird mama wrote:

Friday 7-13, last update for the day

IMG_1692 (300x225).jpg

@Bird mama  So you still have left the block of cement the safe is sitting on, right?  That was a lot of cement.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I absolutely love Summer in New York.I soak in every drop of it since Summers here are so short.

I had my patio power washed.I bought a beautiful new patio set.And I had some pavers put down off my patio & moved my BBQ grill onto them,freeing up space on the patio.

I now have more room to entertain.We’re already enjoying the benefits of having done it!!

I hope we continue to have warm sunny 😎 days.IMO there is nothing as relaxing & peaceful as Summer!!

🍻 🍔 🌭 🥩 🍉  🌹 ☀️ 🕶 🏊‍♀️ 🏝

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All done and demolition hammer returned to the home depot by 3 pm.  Total cost for tool rental $165. Woman LOL

IMG_1693 (225x300).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

I'm so proud of you—and thoroughly impressed, too!  👍 That was quite a job to tackle and you didn’t give up at all when the going got tough.💪🏻  You are my hero: resolute and resilient.  Good job!!👏

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama OMG... OMG...

I can't believe you did all of this by yourself. I can't figure out either what your DH was thinking or what he thought he was burying? I hope you checked the safe? Imagine if had  left you a huge surprise in there$$$$$$ or gold or something. Not just a big job of cement removal. I imagine he thought he had a good idea, but I'll say I never heard or seen such a  contraption. lol. 

I am glad you are done with this DIY project. Take a Rest now as you are retired, I hope your shoulder is alright. You are amazing.Woman Wink

@Bird mama wrote:

All done and demolition hammer returned to the home depot by 3 pm.  Total cost for tool rental $165. Woman LOL

IMG_1693 (225x300).jpg

Honored Contributor

@Leeny  I emptied the safe before I started all of this.  It was his gun safe and yes I will make some pretty good money with what was stored in there.

Here's how much concrete I pulled out.  I included a snow shovel in the picture as a reference point. 

IMG_1700 (300x225).jpg

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama,

A redneck would still love to have that safe!   

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

IMG_1693 (225x300).jpg

@Bird mama  I am impressed, so reward yourself for a huge task well done. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Did anyone take a look at Venus and the moon last night - absolutely awesome and such a very clear picture. I think they both will still be up there but not like last night so I hope to remember to look and see if I can see them both. Such an awesome sight to see both crystal clear and so very close. Need to check to see how often that happens - have forgotten my knowledge I once had on the happenings in the sky. Use to know and understand all the weird movements up there - I got old.

Bernie hope you are taking it easy for a spell - you will drop from exhaustion but you sure proved you have determination! LO:.

Have a great day one and all. Stay cool.

Trusted Contributor

Bernie,I never doubted you could do it.

tomorrow it's going to.cool down to 90 Deg. ☹️

My my husband caught a deer eating my daylillies,they are a real problem here,

last week we found mice dropping under my kitchen sink.funny,no food there.we have never had a mouse in the house before.the other day I found one in the bread draw,with a hole in the bag,and some bread eaten.we put out traps and got them.we left one in the garage,probably where they,come in.it opens to the laundry area,next to the kitchen. It's always something!