Respected Contributor

Re: Summer is Coming to the Back Fence - June 2018

Do hope the swelling in the leg leaves so Merle can get back to his busy schedule. Having suffered periodically from swelling in the legs, I understand his misery. It has also gotten worse in recent years. Just wish it would leave - it is difficult sometimes to keep the leg /s elevated. I sit for 5 minutes and I can feel it beginning in my legs.

Yep, I will also get another bronchoscopy -  just waiting for the appointment and also to find out who will be doing it. 

Will be getting a lot warmer today than yesterday - did not like hearing that this morning. Actually this is a tad hot for June but then it is Sou Cal - anything can happen - we have certainly had it all.

Need to get a move on and I dread it - little ones are still asleep and I hope they stay that way for a while yet. So I can dream can't I?

Have a great day everyone

Honored Contributor

It was a beautiful day here yesterday.  The grass dried out (we had intermittent rain all weekend) and I was able to get the yard work done.  I cleared out another 5 boxes from the garage addition and was able to recycle 99% of the contents, also done yesterday.  

My eyes were bothering me for the last couple of days.  Kind of gritty, dull headache above the eyes and then behind the eyes.  Today I ran to the post office to mail my dental/vision insurance policy check and I started sneezing.  I wonder if I could be developing allergies?  It could also be sinus related since it definitely feels more humid today.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

We are back from follow up.  Dr ordered an MRI.  He's thinking maybe a muscle tear since it's only the one leg.  He did tell him he wanted him to wrap it for a week til we get results of test.  I was able to get the MRI scheduled for 7:3o am tomorrow.  Merle wasn't happy about that. But it's at the hospital just  down the road.   I said well you wanted to get back on the road.  Then he wondered why were they able to take us right away.   I said they always treat the old folks there and they knew you wanted to go to breakfast across the street.  

I think as crazy as the weather has been lately that there is a lot of pollen flying around.  My eyes have been itchy too. And if you've been cleaning out the garage, there was probably some dust around.  

We are supposed to get more rain today so curbing will need to wait another day I'm sure. 

Honored Contributor

So Betty @yock  any ideas on how Merle pulled a muscle?  Is he doing gymnastics when you are not looking Woman Wink  Seriously, did he fall?

Trusted Contributor

Bernie,when your finished could you come east and clean our garage? We got it cleaned months ago,then the plumbers were here doing all new pipes.after that the me were here doing the wallboard where they cut the holes. Needless to say it's a mess again.guess ill have to start nagging about it.

it sure is nice weather today and yesterday.inthe 70's,but rains to return tomorrow,again!

haveto call  a ENT physican to make and a appt. I'm having trouble hearing. Honestly the older you get the more doctors you see. I know how fortunate we are with having good insurance,but darn it gets tiring seeing all these docs.

Respected Contributor

OK Betty I am with Bernie but I have an advantage - I KNOW Merle. LOL. What did he do to his leg???????????????

Trusted Contributor

I only have my suspicions since I can't keep my eye in him. I'm thinking he may have gotten impatient and tried to lift equipment. He denies it and his dealers usually unload and load for him but he's been known To drive away and stop and rearrange things.  

he wrapped his leg and went  to work. We won't know for awhile The results of the test.  I said you aren't wrapping that like she told you to. She had two strips and wrapped each In an  Oppisute direction. He said she never said that.  Ok

@Epicurean epi. After I went to my ent for exam I went to Costco for hearing aids. They had same hearing aid half the price and one level up. We bought executive membership so that gives you cash back on Your purchase.  They do yearly  checks On Hearing aids and furnish everything but batteries witch rhey sell at discount. Very pleased with them. They do the regular hearing  test but I had my dr look at my ears first. .  My guy at Costco used to work In The audiology dept at my ent

Just got an email from my Texas sister that she lost feeling in her hand.  She's in hospital. Her MRI was clear so now doing cat scan on head.  When it rains it pours it seems.  

Trusted Contributor

thank you for the info Yock. Your not the first to tell me about Costco. I already decided To go  there for hearing aid,but want to be checked my a M.D.first.

again,thanks for the heads up.

Trusted Contributor

Merle's MRI came back already. It shows no muscle or bone damage.  We are supposed to wrap it for ten days. If it hadn't improved another appt will be made.  Oh joy.  

My susters  diagnosis is Saturday night palsy.  Amusing history.   Her cat scan was clear and waiting for MRI they would not release her yet.  I guess treatment is to wait  and see if it goes away.  Web says it is named after intoxicated person hit his hand on back of chair.  She retired from teaching but has been helping at church.  They had 696 kids sign up for VBS.  She said she can hunt and peck if they just let her out of there.  

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean  Good luck with the hearing aids.  

@yock  Merle needs to slow down.  I'm sorry that your sister has palsy.  I have never been diagnosed with palsy however if I do really repetitive movements, let's say's painting a fence or something like that with a paint brush, my left hand is a little shaky for the night.  I think I got that from my father - it never bothered me enough to talk to a doctor about it.