Respected Contributor

Styles you are sick of or new things you don't like....

Sick of the hair that is straight and then the round corkscrew curls that are not combed out. 

I have seen a lot of pointy long nails now. Mostly on TV not real life...

My mind went blank because I know there is more...

Honored Contributor

Re: Styles you are sick of or new things you don't like....

How about a conversation on the styles and new things we LOVE? I'm not into complaining all of the time. It's the new year, its time to look at the positive instead of the negative. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since no one is forced to wear any hair style they do not want or like as well as anything others like that they do not,  it is kind of silly to waste time ranting about it!!  I know there are so many other ways to fill time!!!

Honored Contributor

Long, stringy hair & sleeveless tight dresses are getting old.

Definition of cookie cutter

Honored Contributor

I don't think the very long, really pointy nails look nice either and I think they would be really hard to do anything while wearing them?  However, I have only seen them on t.v. and mostly with singers and rappers, etc., so I doubt they do much housework, etc.

I still see boys, young men, wearing their jeans, pants,etc., hanging down below their undies to the point where they look like they are ready to fall off and then they are having trouble walking in them!  

I don't see anything wrong with people wearing false eyelashes but lately on t.v., I'm seeing these big, humongous, long, long, super thick lashes and I think they look ridiculous.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I realize others may like some or all of those I mention below, but the OP asked for our individual opinions, so here are mine.  They are not meant to criticize those who like them.  

High waters called ankle length, clunky shoes, big flower prints, wide open necks with long sleeves, leggings, polyester, synthetic fabric mixes, semi-fitted coats, everything pastel for Spring and Summer, jeans style (denim pants and jackets good), athleisure, joggers, hoodies, wide and flared pants, leopard (gray and black leopard OK, and zebra prints, irregular hemlines, ruffles, anything with statements or embellishments, below the waist pants, sneakers worn with anything.

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

How about a conversation on the styles and new things we LOVE? I'm not into complaining all of the time. It's the new year, its time to look at the positive instead of the negative. 

@ID2  Well go ahead and start one. You know you can don't you? The threads here come from posters. Start a positive one!

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I laughed out loud when I read your post.  All I could think of was those "sagging" jeans with the underwear showing!!  Other than that I'm not really bothered by styles and looks in general.  I just worry about what "I" look like Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

This is more of a pet peeve!  I live in middle TN---lots of different seasons and temp changes.  BUT, seems news anchors---and especially weather ladies----wear short sleeve, even sleeveless, spring looking clothes in the middle of winter!  Sometimes I flip the channels just to see what they are wearing! LOL  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I realize others may like some or all of those I mention below, but the OP asked for our individual opinions, so here are mine.  

High waters called ankle length, clunky shoes, big flower prints, wide open necks with long sleeves, leggings, polyester, synthetic fabric mixes, semi-fitted coats, everything pastel for Spring and Summer, jeans, athleisure, joggers, hoodies, flared pants, leopard and zebra prints, irregular hemlines, ruffles, anything with statements or embellishments.  

@Foxxee   I'm most of the way with you. Pastels? I do like very pale pink and just added it even for winter the last few years and may add pale blue for spring. Jeans? Can't live without them...my go to 5 days a week. I do like a bit of leopard print as an accent. The embellishments, ruffles, statements, I'm adding words on tees, LOGO and TOLANI  type and all flowered prints, a big no for me.