Honored Contributor

Re: Styles you are sick of or new things you don't like....

I don't think this is a good look at all on men.  The skinny pants with no socks on a suit.

Screenshot_2021-02-27 ASOS DESIGN super skinny suit pants in four way stretch in mid gray ASOS.png

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Sick of the hair that is straight and then the round corkscrew curls that are not combed out. 

I have seen a lot of pointy long nails now. Mostly on TV not real life...

My mind went blank because I know there is more...

To each their own. I don't waste my time judging or being sick over someone else's style.

Respected Contributor

Denim & Co. used to be pretty good. Now it's pretty terrible: uneven sizing (you never know how it'll fit), ugly colors, prints that look like they're from he 70's, and models jammed into clothes that don't fit, i.e., too small. And those moronic squirrels, which make Carolyn and Gary act like drooling fools.

I've had enough.

Respected Contributor

@pietook wrote:

BUT, seems news anchors---and especially weather ladies----wear short sleeve, even sleeveless, spring looking clothes in the middle of winter!   

Why does that bother you so much?

Esteemed Contributor

I don't like the stick-straight blown-dry hairdos. In blondes, the hair winds up looking like straw.

Super Contributor

Here's my top three:

piercing.jpg

nails.jpg

tatoo.jpg

Man plans. God laughs.
Trusted Contributor

I'm tired of hair not brushed or combed, or seperated and looks like it needs shampooing. Certain hosts are repeatedly guilty of this.

I am also tired of hair put in a rushed knot on the crown of the head, regardless of the hairstyle or length. If you are going to wear a "ball" on your head, make sure it is brushed or neatly tucked in.

A certain popular host shows up on her regular weekend  for all things, "beauty" , and I think she looks like she should be home cleaning. The too casual lounge or pajama clothing, the hair with long dark roots, the unkempt hairstyles, which to me aren't "styes" at all, the loud and garrish nail polish on someone of her age and status, and the half-sitting, half lounging positions when sitting on a couch, and for several hosts, all of the wine drinking.

The Q haas come a long way since the early days when the hosts were held to a specific standard of their "on air" look. I hear these people say it is due to the Covid virus and the relaxed state of so many people staying home. That to me is a poor excuse. If I am going to regularly watch a show host and their programs, I expect a bit of femininity, proper TV attire, and a polished look. Why would I want anything less? If I want to purchase items from someone who may look like they have been lying around the house for a week, I can go to any thrift store. I expect television to maintain a higher standard. It's not about "impresssing" me, it's about always caring about your appearance if you are regularly selling me so much on the biggest media.

The wine drinking might be offensive to many, and God bless any recovering alcoholic's watching. (I don't care if it is juice, they act as if it is wine. Just not appropriate for TV to millions.

Trusted Contributor

Well, go fill your time in other ways then, and leave me alone.

Super Contributor

@keithsmom65 wrote:

Well, go fill your time in other ways then, and leave me alone.

confused emoji.jpg  I don't understand...are you replying to your own previous post???  That went over my head I'm afraid. 

Man plans. God laughs.
Honored Contributor

I have commented on the same thing to DH...sleeveless, pastel dresses or tops on our news anchors when it was below zero a couple of weeks ago! I have never understood this.they don’t need to wear heavy clothing, but at least have something with a sleeve!