Honored Contributor

Re: Styles you are sick of or new things you don't like....

Tie dye. I like it but it's being done to death. Enough already!

Respected Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Tie dye. I like it but it's being done to death. Enough already!

lol, people say that about denim all the time. Tie-dye will never go away, and every generation is going to love it like they've never seen it before.

Honored Contributor

Ankle pants are the worst--cold shoulder tops, high-low hems, tennis shoes with skirts & dresses, leggings, and women who don't dress age appropriate. 

Honored Contributor

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread.

Just goes to show that no matter how meticulous we are about how we dress, there is bound to be someone who won't like our style. LOL

Respected Contributor

Lately I've been thinking that I will never buy another pair of capris again. I don't mind the exercise type ones but I think the others make me look weird. They're quite popular but I do not think they look good on anyone. 

Super Contributor

I TOTALLY agree with the poster about on air women dressing in short or no sleeve dresses, no hose...while the male anchors are in long sleeve shirts, suits etc.

Especially noticable on the weather channel...

This is subtle sexism....women should not buy into it...

They can still dress nice, sweaters, pants, jackets, sweater dresses etc...without pandering to the "male sexism" that to succeed they must be overtly sexy

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I don't think the very long, really pointy nails look nice either and I think they would be really hard to do anything while wearing them?  However, I have only seen them on t.v. and mostly with singers and rappers, etc., so I doubt they do much housework, etc.

I still see boys, young men, wearing their jeans, pants,etc., hanging down below their undies to the point where they look like they are ready to fall off and then they are having trouble walking in them!  

I don't see anything wrong with people wearing false eyelashes but lately on t.v., I'm seeing these big, humongous, long, long, super thick lashes and I think they look ridiculous.  

ITA about those super lang lashes. I have seen some great looking fake lashes, but these looks I've seen lately (on TV) really need to go. 

Contributor

@ProudMa You are right.  My sister reports traffic on the news.  She said the producers require the women to dress that way.  My sister is in her 50s and feels she has no choice but to adhere to "policy" as the younger women don't seem concerned about it.  She wants to keep her job and continue to be relevant ... while she can.  I hate that she has to compromise her integrity for a job. 

It IS sexism and it IS subtle.   It's been occurring for many years in so many different fields.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

For Men: I wish men would stop combing their hair into a point in front. Does't look good on men of any age. And wearing suit jackets that look too small/short with skinny pants.

I am getting used to the brown shoes worn with anything look, but the white-soled shoes worn with a suit look bugs me.

Honored Contributor

Another dislike:  torn jeans and frayed jeans.