Respected Contributor

Re: Styles you are sick of or new things you don't like....

[ Edited ]

I think the original post is a legitimate question on a fashion/friends forum and not a waste of time for those interested.

@Justice4all wrote:

Shark bite, high low, slanted hems.

@Justice4all  I agree with your choices. I am fine with a slightly rounded hem and like tunics if they are not knee length. But a chunk of material hanging down the back --no.Personally asymmetrical gets on my nerves when wearing it . 

My credit account at Evine/HQ is losing weight as that seems to be the only fashion they have. = a good thing for me.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@pietook That happens here in VA where we live too.  Also popular for some of the news anchors are very dressy, cocktail party attire.  It kind of cracks me up - plus, it must be daunting to get judged daily on your attire on such a wide scale!  

Esteemed Contributor

@CJC You are so right!!!  I didn't even think of the maternity wear.  I say that to my hubby all the time.  I had my babies in the eighties and showing your belly like they do today, OMG!!!   Sacrilege!!!

Honored Contributor

I really dislike ankle pants.  Add to that...cold shoulder tops, asymetrical hems, long tunics, etc.

Honored Contributor

Since everyone is giving their dislikes - well - I will also  even though I still think everyone should wear the look they  like for them and who cares what others do and think!!??

What I actually dislike is conservative clothing with very high poochy waists that look way too large with boxy printed tops that hide the body as well and flat nondescript shoes.    Not my taste and would never even think of wearing that style but I see and know many who look good as it reflects their conservative lifelong style.  

Respected Contributor

I will add bell sleeves to this list. Don't care for them at all.
Overdone eyelashes is so hard on the eye. I mean hard to look at! Yes, jeans should be made at ankle length..

Hoop earings that are huge looks really bad.IMO
Go back to the Classics .....
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Foxxee   Can't wear browns eith, so keep the blk/brown leopard to  a purse, flats, etc. Boyfriend/girlfriend jeans are my favorites for just around the house...very comfortable...especially after a few washings in Downey.

Honored Contributor

Not fond of "trainers" (tennis shoes) worn with skirts.  There are quite a few comfort shoes that are very stylish if the person has foot issues, but I doubt that applies to these young ladies modeling their street wear.

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

Sick of the hair that is straight and then the round corkscrew curls that are not combed out. 

I have seen a lot of pointy long nails now. Mostly on TV not real life...

My mind went blank because I know there is more...

Yes, the "Hallmark movie" lank Venus-on-the Half-Shell hairstyle is dorky, in my opinion.

And it distracts me when the actress is on the screen....Woman Frustrated

I also don't understand the chopped-off blunt cut semi-waved page boy style those poor little freezing female news anchors are wearing now.

Ankle pants "waiting for the flood" LOL! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

My friend Dolly Parton is happy because big, fake and trashy are back in style Smiley Happy.  Living in the south, I have seen almost every male buttocks in town.  

Now this list is just for myself and not intended to insult anyone.  I don't care for large prints, stripes, long tunics, pants with any kind of flare at the bottom, paint on stretch pants, flat shoes that have no arch or support and will eventually damage my skeleton, camo, leopard print, asymetrical hems, bell sleeves, maxi length dresses, extra long fingernails, slogan advertisment tops.  There are more but I'll stop here.