Respected Contributor

This is where we are going this year on our motorcycle trip! I’m so excited! We have never been there and was wondering if anyone here is close to there or have been there? If so, any restaurants you would recommend, or sites to see? TIA 🏍🏍🧡🖤

Respected Contributor

Re: Stone Mountain Georgia.....

I have been to Stone Mountain Ga and it is ok. I actually like Blue Ridge and that area up in the mountains. You might be able to get an air B and B cabin at a reasonable price especially if you share it with others. I was in Stone Mountain in the 1990's and it was cold that January day. I think in the 30's. I like the Atlanta area but my favorite place is those mountains. 

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wvumountiefan 

I live in Atlanta (from Atlanta) and can maybe help you.  How long will you be in Georgia?  There is lots to do in Stone Mountain Park, i.e. take a senic railroad ride around the mountain, take the Rockin' Land & Lake Tour, you can skyhike through the treetops or take a summit skyride on a Swiss cable car over 825 feet above ground, etc., etc.  And of course you can actually climb the Mountain itself in you are so inclined.  They have the famous lasershow at night that is actually shown on the side of the mountain. Depending on how long you will be in Georgia there is The Aquarium (unlike you have ever seen before/brand new show on Animal Planet), World of Coca-Cola Museum, Ponce City Market with tons of restaurants and shopping which also connects to the walking Atlanta Beltline. I could spend hours telling you things to see and do!!  Let me know if you have any questions.  Enjoy!

https://www.stonemountainpark.com/Activities/Attractions

Respected Contributor

@Pancho Thank you! We will be there 3 of our 5 nights. Restaurants are the big question. We like to find restaurants that aren’t so commercial and love to eat. 😃 

Frequent Contributor

@wvumountiefan 

Here you go!  One stop shop for all kinds of food, rooftop views, shopping, access to the Beltline, and much more.

https://poncecitymarket.com/food-hall/

It's located only about 15 miles from Stone Mountain.

Have fun!!

Contributor

AAA might have good travel advice. Plus the Internet sites.