Honored Contributor

Re: Still hot at the Back Fence in August - Whew!!!

@Winifred

he he he

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's been pretty busy at work the past 2 days.  Busy is good :-)

The construction guys removed the barrels from the street on Monday and it was nice to be able to pull up in my driveway and park the car in the garage.  They still have some frames (?) along the sides - look like 2 by 4's.  I assume they will remove them when appropriate.  I'm just glad my driveway approach has been replaced.  It's not level with the street, there's like a small ledge that I bump over. 

Already, whatever, lol.  They broke it, they took nearly a year to fix it and if the city is fine with what they did, I'm okay with it too.

Respected Contributor

Evening, we had about 2 minutes of rain, predicting more but who knows, still in the hot/humid but "they" are now saying Fall temps on the horizon, I'll wait & see.

@Bird mama glad your driveway is now driveable, & the muffins were delicious & @Winifred knows how to get some here quickly

Not much going on going on here so I will enjoy the quiet

Hope all are doing well 

Honored Contributor

ooooh weeeee!

Work has been crazy this week.  That's good though.  It pays to be needed when a company is looking at ways to downsize.

I shoulda brought a long lounge chair to the fence, man I need to lay down, he he.

Trusted Contributor

I hear thunder in the distance, but no rain is falling. We had some yesterday and I had two day lilies open up.   Our neighbor mowed his "straw" yesterday and today it looks red as can be.  

I had an eye appointment this morning.  The eye I had retina surgery on always takes forever to recover from the dilating drops  I asked the dr if that eye would get better and she said no.  On the other hand it probably won't get worse.  The other eye has a cataract in it but it is the strongest of the two so will hope it stays where it is. It is healthy otherwise so that is good. Got a new prescription so when my eyes get back to normal, will go shopping for some new red frames.  I sat on my old ones and I look a little twitterpated when I have them on.  Only wear them when I want to see.  Lol

Respected Contributor

Storms this morning, but now back to hot/humid, should cool off in a few days, hopefully. Some tomato plants needed to be staked, & my hydragea tree is totally down, it's too big to try to upright so I can only hope it perks up

Came out of the grocery store, looked at my front drivers side tire, really drooped, I can't go to the air thingy cause it scares me, so played my old lady card, sent email to DS, love him to death, was here & filled the tire, so now I have to watch it to see if is a slow leak or whatever.

Hope all stay cool

Respected Contributor

You people who have rain - WATER - falling, how great that is. Still miserable out here in Sou Cal where I am. My water bill was horrific this past two months - far exceeded what I was suppose to use. Cannot get it through Shannon's head we are not suppose to do several things and if you do, you will pay for it. It just does not register with her brain cells. I do NOT like dirt for lawns, gopher and ground squirrels making the place hard to walk - and so it goes. I am fascinated in seeing some yards that remain nice and even and even have green grass. They either have money and obviously have no underground critters. Well I live next to a Wash so I suspect I do not have a chance. It continues to be heartbreaking as time goes along. That is along with losing trees, plants - you name it.

Betty, you getting something in red - like frames for your glasses? Har de har. Now that is another dig like banana bread - I think Betty's world is red. You do know Betty with eye problems if your eye MD says get new glasses then GET THEM. Boy howdy. Seriously I hope your eyes get better lady as you do have some problems with them.

Davey has been in school for two weeks and I asked the school how he was doing as I sensed - just watching him here at home - he was not doing anything again. They sent him around to have his teachers fill out paperwork AND EVERY SINGLE TEACHER SAYS he is doing nothing, just sits and that is that. I am very upset about it so will call the school tomorrow to see what can be done - if anything. He has been in school such a short time but this is unreal. I wish they had Boot Camp here. He is already horribly far behind - what a jerk!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Winifred

Well Freddie I don't even know what to say about Davey.  Guess Shannon did the damage before he got to you.  You've tried your best.

Work has been nuts this week and I am so glad it's Friday I can't see straight :-)

Pizza to munch on for the visitors at the Back Fence

pepperoni

Image result for pizza

cheese

Image result for cheese pizza

veggie

Image result for veggie pizza

Contributor

Betty I hope Merles leg heals well.  

Winefred I don't know how you do it raising the kids.  Davey needs a firecracker set under him.  How frustrating. We went through some of that with our son but that was years ago.

Birdmama the muffins look delicious.  I will just look and not eat one.

We are having a heat wave.  Have had the dogs in with the a/c on.  Too hot for them outside even in the shade.  I had some peaches that needed to be used so I peeled them and froze them.  I am going to make a cobbler for our church picnic Sunday. The peaches are so sweet.  No plans for the weekend well I guess there is.  Hubby is going to the baseball game tomorrow with a group of church guys and Sunday is the picnic.  I get most of tomorrow all by myself which I am looking forward to. I have a book that I want to finish. I plan to stay in the a/c house with the dogs.

I hope you all can stay cool and have a relaxing week end.

Honored Contributor

@meuw

Hmm peach cobbler sounds great.  I bet some, paired with vanilla ice cream would be tasty on a really hot day.