Honored Contributor

Re: Still hot at the Back Fence in August - Whew!!!

Hello everyone, another hot and sticky day.  Occasional rain here and there.  Better weather coming, so they say.

I went to home depot to pick up a couple of things then got my haircut.  I was looking kinda shaggy.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Today and tomorrow, we old coots, kids and critters - stay indoors. Weather horribly hot and not only that it is horribly DIRTY!!! So much for California's clean air - oh yes, we pay a lot of extra $ for our gas so it runs clean and the vehicles are smogged to keep stuff out of the air - and so it goes. We have dirty air - AGAIN!! Hard to breathe in.

From having a house of mass confusion this morning it has cleared out to where it is only the dog, 3 cats, little girl (Leah) and Davey - and myself of course. Very quiet as Leah is snoozing as are all the four legged critters except for Little KItty - she is always into everything. Had them outside for only 2 hours this morning.

Hope one and all stay cool! I think Leah, Davey and myself will eat out tonight - ain't planning to spend any time in the kitchen.

Contributor

Hi all.  It is hot here today too.  We are so comfortable with our a/c.  Thank God we have it for the few days we need it. I am so pleased I have all of our windows cleaned inside and out as well as removing the sreens and cleaning all of the window frames.  It has been quite a job.

Last weekend we had a family reunion of all of us couzins which was great.  Then we were able the next day to visit with friends we had not seen for 45 years.  It was just like we started where we left off, Wonderful. We vowed we would not let this happen again.

Our traditional Canadian vacation has been altered as our friend we stay with fell and broke her pelvis.  She is going to be airlifted to Seattle.  We plan to go into Canada but haven't planned what we want to do. Today I had made cookies to take to Canada so since we aren't going I will leave a plate of them t the fence.  Enjoy.  

Trusted Contributor

it's still hot and humid here. They keep teasing us with promises of  rain but it jumps right over our house.  Even our Grandson who lives close by has rain while we are bone dry.  

Merle had some more skin cancers removed a week or so ago.  He has to have this done frequently but this time he had one on his leg.  They chose to leave it open so it could heal inside out   It is about the size of a 50 cent piece.   We were very meticulous about keeping it clean and dry.   However, it didn't look as if it was improving so made a return trip to dr. It is infected. They gave us antibiotic cream and also oral Meds.  We have another week or so before follow up appt.   

Meuw, thanks for the cookies.  It's always nice to see you at the fence as well as all the rest of you. 

Bernie, you're getting a tattoo?   I wouldnt need extra pain but to each  his own.   My hairdresser keeps adding more and more to her arms and legs so be careful, I think it's addictive. Lol

Respected Contributor

Evening All, weather here has moderated, so really enjoying it, but I fear it will heat up again.

Slow day today, love it, did my monthly run out of County for the sales, other thatn that just lazy

@yock Wishing DH heals quickly, seems like you've got it under control

@meuw Thanx for c/c cookies, my favorite, they were deliciou

@Winifred  glad your house has quieted down, enjoy

Hope all have a good evening

Honored Contributor

@yock

Betty I've wanted one for 15 years.  I'll still be me :-)

Respected Contributor

Along with coffee at church this morning we had Banana Bread - thought of you Betty.

Honored Contributor

So much for the humidity moving out of my area.  The temp is a bit lower and the humidity is not budging.

All this talk of bananas, I'm leaving some banana nut muffins.

Trusted Contributor

Boy, those muffins look good.    

I think this humidify will never leave.  We did get a good downfall this morning but it was very brief.  The weeds are thriving.  

Respected Contributor

There you go Birdmama, you know how to get Betty back here fast. LOL

Hotter than Hades today - more tomorrow.