Respected Contributor

My daughter got me a subscription to StoryWorth last Mother's Day. Every week they send me a question and I write a response. At the end of the subscription year the company will make a book out of my stories. I include photos as well. The questions are designed to provoke thoughtful responses. For example, who inspired me the most in my life? How did I come up with my children's names? What is one of my most memorable birthdays? What were the fads and trends when you were a teenager? It's fun thinking about how I want to answer, plus I like to write. My daughter gets an email of my responses. Truly one of the best gifts ever. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I do not get all the introspection.  It would drive me nuts. I am all too aware of what I should do, so I don't want to dwell on that.  I think I am not an interesting person.  Kudos to all of you who are!

I try to keep a list of people and things I am praying for, but beyond that I'm just not that interesting. Woman Frustrated

Trust me you're interesting. 👍🏻 I do keep a prayer journal. This new one will likely be a log of my feelings and observations, as opposed to a to do list or whatever. I am naturally self-reflective but I appreciate that not everyone is. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: Starting a journal

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

I do not get all the introspection.  It would drive me nuts. I am all too aware of what I should do, so I don't want to dwell on that.  I think I am not an interesting person.  Kudos to all of you who are!

I try to keep a list of people and things I am praying for, but beyond that I'm just not that interesting. Woman Frustrated

It would be your journal, for your eyes only.  Draw whatever and however you'd like, if you do want to try it.  You may only see yourself as uninteresting, guess what, you probably aren't.  Write your own story, for yourself.  Honestly, it's fun.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

My daughter got me a subscription to StoryWorth last Mother's Day. Every week they send me a question and I write a response. At the end of the subscription year the company will make a book out of my stories. I include photos as well. The questions are designed to provoke thoughtful responses. For example, who inspired me the most in my life? How did I come up with my children's names? What is one of my most memorable birthdays? What were the fads and trends when you were a teenager? It's fun thinking about how I want to answer, plus I like to write. My daughter gets an email of my responses. Truly one of the best gifts ever. 

That sounds wonderful!!!!