Trusted Contributor

Re: Spring has Sprung at the Back Fence - May 2018

[ Edited ]

Rainy day here today til this afternoon.   had a date for lunch with some previous co workers at a Chinese restaurant.  It was very enjoyable and a nice break.  Wednesday I am meeting with a different group. This one will be at an Italian restaurant.  It's funny how I can go months without seeing anyone then all of a sudden contacts are made for the same week.  

We ate in a downtown restaurant for Mother's Day.  Everyone came but our Ohio bunch. He was on call. We ate on the 13th floor of our tallest building.  It is surrounded by windows and the view was magnificent. The city had several events going on for  Mother's Day so the sidewaljs were fiull of pedestrians.  Seemed like old times.  The city is working hard to revive downtown.  

Freddie glad you had some help with your little ones.

I hope  everyone had a nice weekend.  

I was not hungry at  dinner time so merle got a little vegetable  soup and a chicken sandwich.  He took it pretty well.   

Hope we see others at bf soon.  All our trees are in bloom and it is so pretty.  It does make for itchy noses tho so might need a mask. our next don't neighbors  dandelion field is in full bloom again after the rain.  

Honored Contributor

My middle sister and I talked on the phone for hours on Mother's Day.  I think she and I were both thinking of our Mom and eldest sister (both now in heaven). 

Our temps jumped from 69 to 77 degrees in a short time yesterday once the sun came out.  I thought for sure I would be able to cut the grass today because it was on the way to drying out yesterday.  Then the rain rolled in, lol.

My area didn't get the severe storms that were forecasted for the state yesterday evening.  I need to check the news because flooding was a real concern more than anything.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Don't know why my last post was two different size fonts.  When I was editing I must have blocked font size.  

We had storms and hail last night.  And so much lightening.  I think the grass grew two inches  overnite. 

I enjoyed my luncheon yesterday, wore my red sandals.  I have some neuropathy in my feet and don't always feel stuff right away cause I'm too busy trying to hold them still apparently I had the heel strap tighter than I thought.  And my foot was swollen. When I got up this morning I could not put any weight on my foot.  Bummer.  I hobbled around.  Used a little asper cream and propped it up. That seemed to help.  I bruised it pretty good. I'll do a better job of checking out the swelling from now on.  

For my my lunch date tomorrow I'll be wearing padded tennis shoes.  

Good to see your bird family is still intact, Bernie.  Well, time for a potty break. At times like this I wish we had higher stools. It's hard to get leverage in a small space with  a sore foot.  Whine whine

Honored Contributor

@yock  I think lightening stimulates plant growth - seriously.  

Honored Contributor

Poppi

June 26, 2005 - May 16, 2018

IMG_1496 (300x225).jpg  

My beloved son Poppi flew over the rainbow bridge at 10:17 this morning.

He did not suffer and his transition was nothing short of magnificent. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry that you lost your Poppi but it must be great comfort for you to know that he is free to fly all over heaven now.  He had a wonderful life with you.  

Honored Contributor

We've had such beautiful weather since Wednesday. 

I buried Poppi in the small bird cemetery in my yard on Wednesday afternoon and I was so glad that the sun was shining.  I've been able to have windows open for two days.  Today it is cooler and I'm pretty sure I will need to wear a light jacket when I go grocery shopping. I think I heard rain is moving in tonight.

I've never been one to follow the royal weddings however I always wish the couple a long life, happy marriage and healthy children.

You can't avoid the goings on this time around in the QVC forum and what I've gleaned is that Meghan's paternal side of the family has been a source of some stress.  A bride is supposed to be happy, even with some nerves before her wedding so I feel for her.

Respected Contributor

I was so upset to read that Poppi flew over the Rainbow Bridge. So very sorry to read that - he was near and dear to all of us. Will miss reading about him Bernie. Bless you and your memories.

Another super chilly morning but should warm up considerably in a few hours. Not expecting any hot days in at least a week however - warm, yes, but not hot. that will be a blessing.

That volcano in Hawaii has really been something hasn't it? I would hope it would slow down and shut down but after seeing the pictures yesterday of its latest to do, I am not sure anything will be left of the big island there. So very sad.

Have a great day everyone!!

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama

And strangely enough, we had rainbows and double rainbows on the 16th...very rare around here...bless Poppi's soul and bless you, birdmama

Honored Contributor

For those who watched the royal wedding, did you enjoy it?  I got up around 7 am, tuned in right before the vows part of the Mass.  I liked the brides dress and veil and choice of tiara.  I think the couple looked calm and content through the whole thing and I wish them happiness.