Honored Contributor

Re: Spring has Sprung at the Back Fence - April 2019

Oh no @beckyb1012   I think, the older I get that I am developing a sensitivity to fresh cut grass.  They say if you live in Michigan long enough you will either develop allergies or sinus issues Woman Mad

I've noticed the past couple of years that when I mow the grass I sneeze.  Not the entire time I'm mowing but a heck of alot more than I ever did.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Woman Happy  It's a little overcast and drizzly here.  Guess April showers now with bring May showers next month.

I'm leaving a breakfast box from Big Apple Bagels.  They make a pretty good bagel and have great tasting flavors of cream cheese.  If bagels aren't your thing, there's some muffins.  Coffee and tea is available too.

Image result for big apple bagel breakfast box

Honored Contributor

Hello there, it's feeling and smelling a bit like spring in my neck of the woods this weekend.  Looks like whatever is sprouting out front (either daffodils or tulips) didn't die in the last cold snap.  I really need to divide the bulbs, roots or whatever they are called for the tulips and daffodils this fall so they will grow more and spread out.  I'm way overdue in doing that.

Trusted Contributor

April is starting out great. Spring like days. Last weekend we spent cleaning up the flowerbeds. This weekend my hubby is getting the screened porch clean and ready. Hopefully I can get started on my windows and curtains cleaned. Does anyone but me still do their windows and curtains any more? I can only do a little every day,but it gets done,eventually.

thinking about Easter dinner. I’ll probably have a ham but am thinking of something different for a side dish,what do you all think of a carrot soufflé? on any holiday I like to try something other than “the same ole’ thing”

looking forward to hearing what’s going on in your part of the world.

Honored Contributor

@Epicurean   Most of my windows are covered with mini blinds and yes I clean them.  I have curtains in the kitchen window, the two skinny windows in the family room and some room darkening drapes in the front room.

Me and my sister are catering (from the honeybaked ham people) Easter dinner to bring to my eldest niece's house.  It's ham and a couple of sides.  Sister is also bringing some kind of salad.  I'm bringing 3 variations of devilled eggs, soda pop and those king hawaiin rolls. Eldest niece and youngest niece can add whatever they want.

I've got the ingredients for the devilled eggs and picked up the soda pop last week.  I'll get a couple of packages of the hawaiin rolls right before the holiday.

I'm all for doing a different kind of side dish.  I like carrots so if you made some kind of souffle I bet it would be good.

Respected Contributor

Hello.Yes I still do the windows and curtains but it sure does take longer than it used to,Trying different dishes is good,some things may be better also.Good thing I"m retired as cleaning takes longer and I can only do a little at a time.Oh well,I guess I always have something to do that way I can"t get bored LOLMy mom would come to visit and help me with the windows and curtains,we would have such a good time,made it seem not like work.She has been gone for 15 years and sure do miss her so much still.Take care and enjoy spring.

Honored Contributor

I had my annual appointment with my endocrinologist this morning (for my thyroid).  Honestly I have to wonder about the assistants/techs or whatever they are called who take your BP and key in stuff at the computer when you are in the room with them.

I've always been honest about any supplements that I take.  Today the girl says are you still taking cocamide?  I told her 3 things:  I've never heard of it.  What is cocamide?  Who in the heck said I was taking it?

The girl took it off the chart.  Now that I am home I looked it up and it's something that's put in foaming bath wash.  Apparently it's dangerous.

So I have to ask myself how in the hel* I would get my hands on something that is dangerous and used as an additive for foaming bath wash?

I think the girl last year didn't know how to spell circumin and just picked cocamide.  Jesus, Mary and Joseph Woman Sad

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I had my annual appointment with my endocrinologist this morning (for my thyroid).  Honestly I have to wonder about the assistants/techs or whatever they are called who take your BP and key in stuff at the computer when you are in the room with them.

I've always been honest about any supplements that I take.  Today the girl says are you still taking cocamide?  I told her 3 things:  I've never heard of it.  What is cocamide?  Who in the heck said I was taking it?

The girl took it off the chart.  Now that I am home I looked it up and it's something that's put in foaming bath wash.  Apparently it's dangerous.

So I have to ask myself how in the hel* I would get my hands on something that is dangerous and used as an additive for foaming bath wash?

I think the girl last year didn't know how to spell circumin and just picked cocamide.  Jesus, Mary and Joseph Woman Sad

@Bird mama 

🤣  Spell check?  

Scary though, isn’t it?😮

Honored Contributor

I had cheerios for breakfast this morning, so I have nothing fun to munch on at the back fence.  I saw my bloodwork results from the endocrinologist appointment via the patient portal yesterday. 

The results almost match last year's so I'm hoping somebody is going to call me today to let me know the dose is not changing and they called the RX in to the Eagle Pharmacy in FL.

I use the Synthroid Direct program with that pharmacy because my insurance doesn't pay for brand name and I've never taken a generic and don't want to take a generic.  Far cheaper to get a 90 day supply from Eagle Pharmacy than my local brick and mortar pharmacy.

I only had a week left of the current RX and mentioned (twice) during the appointment that I needed some samples to tide me over until the new RX was called in and shipped from FL.

Fell on deaf ears so I'm taking one every other day.  No big difference in how I feel and lucky for me it won't hurt me long term.

I made my appointment for next year a week earlier than I had for this year so there should be no disruption in medication in 2020.

Respected Contributor

It"s cloudy and cold at this part of the fence.Spent the day at the DMV getting my drivers license renewed.I had 76 people ahead of me.That is always too much fun,just as much fun as dealing with medication issues.Have a good day all.