Honored Contributor

Re: Spring has Sprung at the Back Fence - April 2019

You ain't kidding @hellie jo   It was windy and cold yesterday and just plain ole' cold today.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Well I woke up to a little bit of snow that has since melted.  The wind is whipping out there and I will be wearing a winter coat and a hat when I leave to run an errand in a little while.  I dress for the weather and not the season so I don't care if I look like a flake, lol.

Respected Contributor

Hotter than heck the other day and past few days have been yukky. Not real warm but not real cold - what I would call just plain miserable.

Think I am going to sit in the chair in the living room and see if anything interesting good is on TV. Doubt it.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Whoo, the wind was something else today.  It was supposed to be on the warm side (near 60) and it sure didn't feel like it today, to me. 

I heard all kinds of sirens in the afternoon around 4 pm (my time).  I looked out the back upstairs windows across the school field to the major street and let me tell you that I lost count of the cop cars.  I saw a fire truck and ambulance.  Turns out there was a serious car/motorcycle accident.  They had the west bound side of the major street closed for hours and I don't know if the person on the motorcyle lived or died.

Lord, I was texting my sister because sometimes she stops at the Meijer's not far from me on Friday after work to go grocery shopping.  At the time I knew it was a catastrophic accident and I said avoid this area, something horrible happened.  It wasn't until a little later than I knew exactly what it was. 

Somebody got bad news today.  I've been on the receiving end of someone sorry to inform me like that and my heart breaks for the bikers relatives.

Respected Contributor

We have had some serious winds for several days. Can't stand the winds but love the breezes that gently blow on a super hot day. These winds go right through you and also do a lot of damage.

Have got to go to the pharmacy today to complain about my bone density meds. This is the third time they have changed the products and this time it is is almost impossible to get a pill out. Thank goodness you only use one pill a week but still to spend at least 5 minutes trying to retrieve one pill is wrong. They keep going down and down with substitutes and the packaging also shows it. I have arthritis and I struggled this morning to get my one pill out. This is saving them money yet as usual, the customer/patient is paying the price in more ways than one.

Have a great day everyone.

Honored Contributor

We have rain (some areas saw snow flurries) and wind today.  I caught some of the local news early this morning and it looks like rain for most of the week.

It's a shame that big pharma makes it so hard for a patient to get medication out of the packaging.  I don't like when they put pills (over the counter or RX) in these blister packs

Image result for sucrets blister pack

You'd think it would be easy to get them out but I have trouble.  Just give me a regular old pill bottle.

Respected Contributor

I went Ahhhhhh, "Oh my Gawd, when I read your comments Bernie. I had just been up to the pharmacy bitterly complaining about some of their packaging. Not their fault but like I told the head pharmacist, they need to voice concerns. I take a med for bone density - clue to all should be that perhaps I have an arthritis problem. BIG TIME IN MY HANDS This was a new generic, of course, and bless Mike he started them all where I could open them. I only take one a week but when your thumbs do not work I do not enjoy spending 5 to 10 trying to open the package for one pill. I am sure he will follow through. The med is alondranate but the generics are hitting us with packaging. REally bad. Grrr.

I am tired - what else is new. But at any rate I wish all well.

Honored Contributor

@Winifred   I know exactly what you are talking about with the pills.  When I was fighting a cough/cold this past winter I bought a tin of Sucrets cough drops that were in the blister pack.  I was fighting and fighting to get that cough drop out and finally had to get a small knife to pierce the paper/aluminum foil side to get it started.  I'm all for keeping pills away from kids but c'mon Woman Mad

Bless you for taking the bone density medication.  When I went to see the endocrinologist at the beginning of the month she said so, the last bone density exam was a few years ago.  I said, yes it was and I'm in no hurry for another one Woman Happy  She looked at me and I said, I am not taking the medication for bone density so it seems like a waste of health care dollars for the test, wouldn't you agree?  Let's focus on why I come here which is the thyroid Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Geez oh Pete, I think I am getting a stye on the inside of my right upper eyelid.  Sigh.  Some mornings when I wake up that eye is a little dry and gritty however when I put a few drops of Visine's tear formula in it, it straightens out for the rest of the day.  Yesterday I couldn't get rid of the scratchy feeling and said to myself, face it Bernie, it's a stye.  My eyes are magnets for everything under the sun.  I swear if there was a dust storm and I was the only one wearing air tight goggles on my eyes, I'd still be the only one to get something in my eye Woman Very Happy

I'm working the warm compresses this morning and I hope to have this thing gone in a day or two.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Geez oh Pete, I think I am getting a stye on the inside of my right upper eyelid.  Sigh.  Some mornings when I wake up that eye is a little dry and gritty however when I put a few drops of Visine's tear formula in it, it straightens out for the rest of the day.  Yesterday I couldn't get rid of the scratchy feeling and said to myself, face it Bernie, it's a stye.  My eyes are magnets for everything under the sun.  I swear if there was a dust storm and I was the only one wearing air tight goggles on my eyes, I'd still be the only one to get something in my eye Woman Very Happy

I'm working the warm compresses this morning and I hope to have this thing gone in a day or two.  

@Bird mama   My eyes were itchy and uncomforttable, found out I had dry eye, so used drops throughout the day.  Since I have been using Andrew Lessman's Ultimate Eye Support, I hardly ever have to use drops.