Valued Contributor

Re: Spiritual Sisters - Seeking Your Wisdom

@Snowpuppy I think you should hold on to your vision!  It is a powerful one as it has resided in you for a long time.   It has become part of you.

I just came back from experiencing the African American Museum in DC.  For hours,  I was adrift between the depths of human depravity and human strength.  Eventually, I stood in front of a screen and watched someone else talking about how they had a dream.  From my head to my heart, I was transfixed in complete awe and inspiration.  I felt empowered.   I know it is possible to feel recharged so one may fight odds and go after a dream. 

I have someone who reminds me, every now and then, that I must continue to figure out what I want and keep putting it out to the universe.  He says if I do that, it will come to me.   I thought I would share it with you.... Because I believe it is true. 

Good luck on your journey!

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela
Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

*sigh*

I have this thing. This idea. This longing in my head and in my heart. It consists of a place, a person and a vision for my life.

It's nagged me for literally decades. Went to other places, been with other people and yet I always return to the above.

Worked on it, tore it up, scrimped, saved, said scr** it, turned my back and yet no matter how hard I've tried, I can't get anything to come together. 

It always returns to tug at me.  Seeking wisdom.

I tend to believe that the script of our lives is already written.  I'm with William Shakespeare:

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances, and one man in his time plays many parts.

My life is like a novel, a play or a film script.  Odd characters making cameo appearances, weird plot twists.

I often stop and ask: Is this where I'm supposed to be living?  Is this what I'm supposed to be doing?  Are these the people I'm supposed to be with?

Is this my purpose in life?

And then I just wait for the next chapter, the next act, the next scene.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Esteemed Contributor

Have you taken any concrete steps to satisfy this tugging? You are the one that needs to make the moves.

If God is leading you, then everything falls neatly (or not) into place, but one of these days you look back and see how you've been lead, and how that initial desire/leading has been fulfilled.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I find that when I’m meant to do something, not only do I receive promptings, but things also begin to happen around me that create openings or opportunities. We're all different of course and Spirit will touch us each differently.  I don’t know if you believe in prayer or a Higher Power but I would ask for help/guidance on this.  

Honored Contributor

I really don't understand the question but I would say if you can just follow your heart...unless it causes pain for those you love.

Esteemed Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@Puzzle Piece I don't get the meaning?

Can you clarify?

You must already believe within yourself you have your wish/desire though outward appearances may not look that way. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not all wishes and dreams or "inklings" can be or are fulfilled in this life. You said you didn't think it was spiritual. If it is a long time yearning from deep within your heart and mind, and you can't "shake it", I would say it rests in your spirit.

Unfinished business in your spirit can cause much disatisfaction and restless anxiety for some people.   For myself, if I get these feelings, I asked to be guided down the right path.  It usually comes to me through circumstances (some good....some difficult).  If it doesn't come to me....and no opportunities open up..then I assume it wouldn't have worked out for my good and carry on.

Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

*sigh*

I have this thing. This idea. This longing in my head and in my heart. It consists of a place, a person and a vision for my life.

It's nagged me for literally decades. Went to other places, been with other people and yet I always return to the above.

Worked on it, tore it up, scrimped, saved, said scr** it, turned my back and yet no matter how hard I've tried, I can't get anything to come together. 

It always returns to tug at me.  Seeking wisdom.

@Snowpuppy

Life is too short for , should of would of could of. 

Just GO to Bora Bora or wherever your obsession is. Go by yourself and search your soul. 

Valued Contributor

@Snowpuppy , I think that we need to find purpose and happy where we are . I also think  believing in ourselves and trusting our judgment  is important.For me, some  of the most incredible,  revealing  moments happened while i was simply living not searching.. Maybe this vision  of yours is yet to be forfilled, you cant know. The book is written the pages continually turning, who knows the ending? Simply live, be happy , and yes be of service to others, it will   be a wonderful journey, its yours alone, .I hope you find  pleasure in the life you have, its a gift,Maryanne 

Honored Contributor

I don't really understand the question here, partly because I am someone who believes firmly in moving forward in life.  I think that the best path is to make the most of the time, resources and people who are in your life rather than what might have been.   But that's just me. 

So I don't really understand what this OP was about on any level.  But I do hope you find the things that bring you contentment and happiness.