Esteemed Contributor

Spiritual Sisters - Seeking Your Wisdom

*sigh*

I have this thing. This idea. This longing in my head and in my heart. It consists of a place, a person and a vision for my life.

It's nagged me for literally decades. Went to other places, been with other people and yet I always return to the above.

Worked on it, tore it up, scrimped, saved, said scr** it, turned my back and yet no matter how hard I've tried, I can't get anything to come together. 

It always returns to tug at me.  Seeking wisdom.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spiritual Sisters - Seeking Your Wisdom

[ Edited ]

It sounds like the hound of heaven might be tracking you

I don't know if you know who Dolores Hart is, but she had a fabulous Hollywood career and a fiance she gave up and joined Regina Laudis convent.

She was afraid she had a vocation earlier and was relieved when a nun at the convent told her to go back to Hollywood.

Your case might be completely different than hers , but it does happen.

You might like to get her DVD and watch it. Your path  could be totally different than hers, but it might help you get some insight into your  dilemma

Honored Contributor

Here is her website and she is also on facebook

http://abbeyofreginalaudis.org/community-mdh.html

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry oh, I'm being hounded alright! Quiet, gentle persuasion that doesn't leave me alone for long stretches.

I'm certain it's not a calling to the religious life. 

I once worked for a woman who was asked to leave her training as a novice. Those sisters did the right thing!

Honored Contributor

It doesn't have to be a calling to  a religious life, but it's still a calling.  I think God has a plan for all of us, and we can cooperate or not. It's up to us

Esteemed Contributor

You have asked for spiritual takes. 

When you long, you push things away.  The thought, desire is yours for the highest good if you want it.  You must believe, I mean believe you already have it for the choices to appear. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puzzle Piece I don't get the meaning?

Can you clarify?

Honored Contributor

A person as well as a vision for your life?  If your happiness revolves around another person, I think you have to be secure in who you are yourself first. 

Everyone has had many paths they could have followed and didn't.  There have been rich experiences in your life that have happened as a result of the path you did chose.  

I'm sure a lot of people are experiencing what you are.  I think you need dialogue and would suggest you see a counselor to go forward and discover what you are chasing.    

Best wishes.

Esteemed Contributor

I think I'm being misunderstood.

I'm not chasing a person. My happiness isn't defined by another. If that were the case I'd be SOL.

Not sure how someone defines "rich experiences" . Like Hallmark monents?  Didn't get any and I'm not chasing it.

Esteemed Contributor

I read an interesting book about a nun, Hildegard von Bingen http://sourcebooks.fordham.edu/med/hildegarde.asp

This book was one of my first Kindle purchases in 2013, "Illuminations: A Novel of Hildegard von Bingen" by Mary Sharratt . I could not put it down.