Honored Contributor

Re: Spent the Day With My Teenage Granddaughters Yesterday!

We have grandsons 7 and 13 this weekend.  Mercifully, I worked yesterday, lol!!!

Image result for cartoon of cat with fur standing out

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  Thank you for your kind words.  In fact my sweet granddaughter texted me yesterday sending me pictures of herself, my daughter and the rest of the 'gang'.  They were visiting Va Tech.  We have family members that goes there.

My daughter said that next weekend they'll be going back down to Southern Va but to tour UVA.  Granddaughter said her mom and dad are (swear to you she used a phrase we use in our family) "cautiously optimistic" about her going to UVA.

She wanted to make sure we are still set to get manicures and pedicures next week.  Her younger sister has never liked doing that so it's always been 'our' thing we do together.

You (and other grandparents) know that as our grandchildren get older it becomes more difficult to carve out time (on their part) to spend time with them.

Life is funny (not Ha! Ha! funny) but kinda sad that as we get older and have more time on OUR hands, those we love (and are younger) have less time on THEIR hands.

That's what makes time spent with them so wonderful.  My daughter is so gracious to agree that I can spend time with HER dearest people on this earth (that's how I've always described my girls).

It saddens me though that I don't get to spend more time with my Florida granddaughters.  They're much younger though.  I do send them special packages, call and text them.  

My daughters are like myself in that they love being a mother.  THAT's my favorite thing and what I'm most proud of.  I love being a Mom (you (and other's here too) sound like you guys love being a mom.

It takes work but what a reward!  (Little note here).  I used to tell my girls when they had their first baby, "There will be times when that kid will be doing something and you'll say, "Please don't do that.  Don't make me get up!"  But they continue so you get up, put them in time out (or whatever).  Meanwhile you're hoping..".(Lord!  Do you hear me here?  My fanny is so happy planted here in this chair.  Lord!  I don't want to get up!"  But you do (get up).

Because it's at that time when the child learns, if mom (or dad) says he/she is going to do something...they're going to do it.  They learn that there will be times in life when they mess up and need their parents and they remember back when mom had to get up out of the chair because she said she would....They know mom won't be happy (like back then) but she'll always have my back.

That's another phrase used often in our family, "I've got your back".  I suspect that's true with many people here, especially the mom's.

I think if society breaks down it's because the mom's don't have their children's backs.  I'm so proud I'm a female.  I know a lot of women here are too.

I remember when both daughters were in college at the same time.  The older went to UVA and the middle went to Radford.  The Radford daughter called (upset) because she'd gone to a party where some well (not good stuff was going down).  She was a freshman and her sister was a junior.  She needed to get out of there immediately.  I called her sister at UVA and her sister and her sister's now husband left UVA and drove to Radford.  They took her back to her dorm.  Made sure she was IN THE BED and drove back to UVA.

The incident was never discussed by me or my husband (he was away on business).  But I'm sure the older sister had some choice words. I knew I couldn't get their quick enough, but I knew my daughter could.  She never complained to ME, but I'll bet she set her sister straight!

That's what I mean by 'covering their backs'.

How in the name of Heaven did I get off on this?  I never know when to just shut up!  But I was trying to make a point that all of mom's are wonderful.

Most just do it and not talk about it...(like I do...sorry).  It's the easiest way for me to give accolades to all mom's out there.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Don't understand.  Do you want me to send the wig to her or do you not want me to send the wig to her?

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG  Don't understand.  Do you want me to send the wig to her or do you not want me to send the wig to her?

@Annabellethecat66 You can send it to her Luv and thank you!

You two would be best friends in about two seconds!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG OK, I trust you.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@ECBG OK, I trust you.

@Annabellethecat66 

Image result for holly hobbie hugging friend