Esteemed Contributor

Re: Special memories with a spoon.

I somehow ended up with one of the grandmother's sterling grapefruit spoons.

She always used the complete set and hand washed them.  I remember as a child that I as was puzzled about some of the pieces.

Super Contributor

sarahpanda

What a beautiful heartfelt post!!

I'm also very sentimental and have so many things of my moms that I use

daily.  She's been gone for  38 years and I still miss her soooo much!

Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda, Such a special memory! I have many of Mom's treasures. I still use a covered casserole dish & matching platter for family get togethers. I am so careful washing & drying them. Even though the pattern on them no way matches my dishes in the china cabinet, these two pieces are placed prominently in the front & center!

I also treasure two baby spoons we fed our two children with 42 years ago! They are kept in the silverware drawer where I see them everyday!
Respected Contributor

I have a whole sack of silverware that we used decades ago.  I don't use it because the silver has mostly worn off.  My mother's initials were I S and so I thought the silverware was engraved specially for her.  I was in my 20's before I realized the I S stood for International Silver.  LOL  

I have my own special spoon that I can't part with.  It's probably 40 yrs old.  Used to be white nylon/plastic.  Now it's ivory and brown and the tip is burned off.  But it's just the right size and I can't find another like it.  

Valued Contributor

Haha, your post reminds me of my mom.  She lived on coffee and everyone knew she was having a cup of coffee by the way she vigorously stirred.  It literally sounded like a ringing bell or alarm clock.  I've never met anyone who stirred their coffee like that. 😂

Honored Contributor

I have a mixing bowl.

Trusted Contributor

@Linda0215  wrote:

Haha, your post reminds me of my mom.  She lived on coffee and everyone knew she was having a cup of coffee by the way she vigorously stirred.  It literally sounded like a ringing bell or alarm clock.  I've never met anyone who stirred their coffee like that. 😂

@Linda0215 

My hubby, drives me nuts, good thing he only drinks 1 cup of coffee in the morning!

Valued Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@Linda0215  wrote:

@Linda0215 

My hubby, drives me nuts, good thing he only drinks 1 cup of coffee in the morning!

@SoCal Bred   That's so funny that you know of this sound.  I grew up with it ringing in my ears all day every day.