Respected Contributor

Re: Speaking of commercials....

I record most of what I watch so I can FF thru the commercials, too.  I have Dish & during the recent dispute with Tegna, I lost Fox from Oct. 3rd until about a week ago, so I missed a lot of episodes of The Resident, 911 & 911: Lone Star, so figured out how to watch them On Demand to try & catch up. 

In the On Demand mode, they run the same commercials over & over ad nauseum & FF isn't an option to use when watching On Demand so you're forced to sit thru the whole thing. 

The ad I'm most sick of is for Paramount + streaming service with a bunch of people in the snow chanting the theme from Halo (at least that's what they say it is!) 

Here it is (I must've watched this awful thing 1000 times in the past week or so!): 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oooEirN5CLY

Honored Contributor

NBC paid so much for broadcast rights and ratings have been abyssmal so they may be trying to make up in volume what they'll lose due to ratings.

Honored Contributor

@RespectLife  Imthe same way.  I hate commercials so I DVR (copy) the shows, everything.

That way I can fast forward over the commercials.

It seems like there is very little entertainment on a show.  It's mostly commercials.

Trusted Contributor

That is also why I rarely watch "On Demand" because you can't fast forward.

Another reason I record everything is, just when the program I'm watching gets to a "good part", that is when one of our pups needs in or out and so I need to pause it!

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

That is also why I rarely watch "On Demand" because you can't fast forward.

Another reason I record everything is, just when the program I'm watching gets to a "good part", that is when one of our pups needs in or out and so I need to pause it!

I doubt I'll ever use On Demand much for that reason, but it's nice to have the option to catch up on the episodes that didn't air when the channel was blacked out during the Dish/Tegna dispute.  I record eveything, too, if it airs.

Honored Contributor

Commercials is why I go to movies on t.v..  The one that continues to make me laugh is the young guy who tries to do the ad for that ins. co., I missed it, and others must have too. They brought it back.  All their other ones are so STUPID.

Honored Contributor

When we first switched to DISH a few years back I was thrilled to find out you had an option of skipping the commercials when you initially taped the show.  I guess that's why they called it "The Hopper."  That option soon disappeared, so now I just do it manually when watching.  I also rarely watch on demand.

Respected Contributor

I discovered something when I was watching the last of my DISH On Demand shows the other day;  I was able to FF thru the show itself, but it wouldn't allow me to FF the commercials.

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

The one that continues to make me laugh is the young guy who tries to do the ad for that ins. co., I missed it, and others must have too. They brought it back. 

I agree; it's one of the best around...

"Can I riff?"