Respected Contributor

Spam calls unbelievable even after the medicare enrollment ended...

I figured most of them were due to medicare enrollment and I got 20-25 calls a day on average and would end when the enrollment period ended.  Yesterday I got 47.

I don't want to change my number but this is unreal.  I did find a way on my iphone to only get calls from people in my contacts.  The others can leave a voicemail but it will not ring.  It just makes me so angry that I cannot use my phone the way I want to.  If someone I know needed me and called from another phone it would go to voicemail and I probably would not see it right away as I don't look at my phone every minute.  Also this number is on the do not call list and it makes no difference.  So frustrating.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Spam calls unbelievable even after the medicare enrollment ended...

T-Mobile has an app that helps stop all the bizarre range of calls.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

This subject is cyclical...always an issue.  

Measures I took....got rid of the landline and programed iphones to accept Contact List only phone calls. I silence unknown callers.  Yes, it drastically cut down on the crank calls, but II also lost the ability to fax and issues from time to tome regarding the Contact List but serious relief from the continual scams.  

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

T-Mobile has an app that helps stop all the bizarre range of calls.

I have an iPhone and an update earlier this year included identifying spam calls on the screen when ringing.  I don't answer them and then go in and block.

Respected Contributor

Wow, that's a lot and can see where it would drive you crazy.  I have a land line that I like to keep because I don't want everyone calling my cell phone.  Have you talked to your phone company?  Not sure if they can help.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@CalminHeart iPhone also has a feature where you can silence unknown callers. I have this on all the time. It doesn't stop them from calling but the phone doesn't ring. Sometimes they'll leave a voice mail. I just delete them when they show up. It doesn't do any good to block the numbers because the number you see on your caller ID is phony. These scammers spoof numbers and you will never see the same one twice. And if the call is from a legitimate source, the caller will leave a voicemail and you can call them back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet 

One thing I tried was to opt out of AARP they solicit a number of other vendors and United Health Care is affiliated with them...this alone cut down on my landline spam and robo calls....

I hated to do it, but got rid of my landline (was keeping for emergencies since I kept an old phone which enabled me to still call out with my landline if power went out and couldnt re-charge my cell).....BUT I pulled the plug and just had ONE thats one--- telemarketing call on my cell,  I blocked the number and no more....not even a voicemail!  And thats been 3 yrs now....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I get them on my landline and I'm only 61.  It's crazy but we only use the landline for the fax machine, we don't even have a phone for it.  I see the incoming calls flash across my TV screen. I also receive mailings for those plans.  It should end soon.

Respected Contributor

I've been getting calls starting at 6:30 in the morning.  First time it scarred me because I thought it was an emergency call.  

I don't even use a medicare advantage plan.  Once I tried to explain to the caller that I don't need one she said Oh yes you do.  Everyone needs one.   Ummmm No, and it's not my job to school you.

I don't answer any spam calls.

Honored Contributor

yes, "Crystal" calls all day long... from many spoof phone numbers and different states....   she really GETS AROUND.... very busy girl!