Respected Contributor

Re: Spaghetti, am I the only one?

Pasta is an anytime, all the time food.  I use Barilla Plus... it has a lot of protein, and I regularly make a small bowl of it for lunch or dinner.  I prepare it with a peanut sauce.  It's yummy and nutritious!

Respected Contributor

@dulwich 

The last time we were in England I had spaghetti bolognaise

at  the airport hotel .  i don't know if it was a true bolognaise but it was fabulous.   Since then I've made it probably 12 times and used 12 different recipes.   None were good.

Do youhave a really good recipe you'd share?

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Spaghetti is a year round dish in our home in the hot, humid South.

All stove top cooking, no hot oven required.

Yes to this.

I feel like chili is more popular in the fall and winter, but it's a year 'round staple for me for the exact reason @KingstonsMom said.

I haven't used my oven since last October and it's still in the 90s here. I've been grateful I learned to roast vegetables in an air fryer so I can have those all year without setting the oven to 400+ degrees for 30 minutes.

Honored Contributor

We eat spaghetti all year round. It’s my least favorite pasta though. I have never been a spaghetti & meat sauce or meatball fan. I prefer lasagna or Mac & cheese. 

Honored Contributor

I don't make spaghetti very often during the hot summer here...we have a horrible galley-style kitchen....hate it...and I use a very large Le Creuset cast iron pot to boil my pasta. The cast iron just radiates the heat out into the kitchen and it is like turning on the oven. I made it a few weeks ago since it is DH's fave, but will wait now until it is much cooler for the soups, chili, and more spaghetti. It would be a year-round dish if I had a bigger kitchen!
Honored Contributor

try dream fields pasta. it is very low carb regardless of what reports say; it also does not spike blood sugar. I make it when DH is on kept and it doesn't kick him out of ketosis
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

for us spagetti, chili, stew, pot roast are all  year round Woman Very Happy

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Honored Contributor

I love spaghetti any time of the year, but my husband not so much, so I found a way that he likes it, baked spaghetti with mozzarella cheese on top, he loves it!  I love any type of pasta, year round!

I was born & raised and currently live in the South, so there is not much we Southerners don't eat year round, my thoughts of cooler temp foods is chili, homemade soups,& stews!

Esteemed Contributor

Although it is heavy and warm, it's an all year round dish for me.  I don't normally eat chili in the summer months although I could very easily.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
More of a year round thing for us. I use fresh garden tomatoes in the sauce during summer.

@AuntG   It's a comfort food at our house. I use whole wheat spaghetti which is OK for me, but makes DH's lip curl up.