Honored Contributor

Re: Spaghetti, am I the only one?

I love spaghetti and can eat it any time of the year.  Spaghetti with meat balls or meat sauce or sausage and mushrooms, etc.  DH likes it with garlic bread; I like plain bread.

I think of home made soup as a fall and winter meal and make it often this time of year.  I usually have some in the freezer too.   I also make chili during this season.

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

Gurl, in my house spaghetti is 24/7 - 365, hot, cold, in a sandwich, etc. 

Thats not me saying that’s all right, but, that’s just the way it is with my crew.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I never met an Italian pasta dish that did not appeal to me  365 days a yr.   In really hot weather  all the  carbohydrates of the noodles may  amke some people  feel that pasta is to heavy to eat in 90 degree weather .  However, all my family love  pasta  with red sauce or white sauce . I've even tried the butternut squash  pasta sauce   for a fall  dinner.

Honored Contributor

When I grew up, we had spaghetti or some other pasta dish EVERY Thursday and Sunday just like all of my Italian friends.

it's always been a year around dish for me.

Honored Contributor

Spaghetti is a huge favorite with my family; summer heat doesn’t phase us one bit with this dish.   

Honored Contributor

No seasonal cooking at my house other than holidays.  Made more soups in the winter, but since we're in air conditioning, hot meals are year round.  

Esteemed Contributor

@dulwich wrote:

P.s. Forgot to say my favorite spaghetti - apart from Bolognaise - is just with warm olive oil & garlic and herbs.

@dulwich - oh yes me too. Spaghetti Aglio et Olio mmmmmmmmmmm 

I'm not a fan of red sauce, but garlic and oil is a winner. It's very delicious eaten cold too. Yummy!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

Spaghetti w/ meat sauce in the winter.

Spaghetti salad w/ tangy italian dressing in the summer.

dee

I'd take some of either right now.  yummmmm

@Icegoddess wrote:

I don't know why, but for some reason I think of spaghetti as a cold weather dish, much like I do chili.  Am I the only one?  I was recently thinking about making spaghetti for supper because we hadn't had it for awhile, and then thought of the 97 degree temps outside and decided on something else.  We're finally getting a cool-down this weekend, so maybe it'll be time for some spaghetti.  

ETA:  I'm talking about spaghetti with meat sauce.

Trusted Contributor

I was thinking about making spaghetti the other day and then I thought to myself, Oh it's not cold enough yet!! So I guess in my mind it's a cold weather type dinner! 

Esteemed Contributor

Spaghetti with meat sauce is eaten year round in our house.