Respected Contributor

Re: Spaghetti, am I the only one?

P.s. Forgot to say my favorite spaghetti - apart from Bolognaise - is just with warm olive oil & garlic and herbs.

Honored Contributor

I eat spaghetti all year 'round.  Never thought of it as only a cool weather meal.  I love spaghetti.  Just had some today, in fact!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

My wife eats it year round. I eat whole wheat pasta, with olive oil, year round. I prefer pasta types that don't require much to eat it. Spaghetti to me is not one of them.

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

If I waited for cold weather, I would rarely have spaghetti, and I love it!

Trusted Contributor

My Polish mom made summer spaghetti.

Regular or thin spaghetti noodle. Olive oil base. Sautéed mushrooms and green or red or both peppers.

Little garlic salt and pepper.

Serve at room temperature.  Delicious.

Trusted Contributor

@Chicagosuburbangirl wrote:

My Polish mom made summer spaghetti.

Regular or thin spaghetti noodle. Olive oil base. Sautéed mushrooms and green or red or both peppers.

Little garlic salt and pepper.

Serve at room temperature.  Delicious.

@Chicagosuburbangirl  OMG, this sounds DELISH!  I'm going to try to make this.  Thank you for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

I won't do a simple tomato sauce.  I'm really not a fan of tomatoes.  My spaghetti gets meat sauce, heavy on the meat, a mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage in spaghetti sauce.  Then, I add in black and green olives and fresh mushrooms, so it's a pretty heavy sauce.

@Icegoddess  I know a man in my life who would absolutely love this.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm going to make this for him and substitute macaroni for the spaghetti noodles while adding some fresh Parmesan cheese.

Honored Contributor

I usually don't make spaghetti in the summer either or chili. I will be making chili this week, my husband loves it.

Esteemed Contributor

Only on the hottest summer days (95+) would I not consider making spaghetti! Any other day, whatever the season, is good for me when it comes to spaghetti!

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess  Oh my! I look forward to fall and winter as an excuse to make pasta with bolognese. I just love making that 4 hour bolognese on a cold day! I would eat pasta every day if I could. Unfortunately I don't exercise enough to do that. It is considered a luxury in our household. Oh, and also, my DH LOVES chili above all things.