Honored Contributor

Spaghetti, am I the only one?

[ Edited ]

I don't know why, but for some reason I think of spaghetti as a cold weather dish, much like I do chili.  Am I the only one?  I was recently thinking about making spaghetti for supper because we hadn't had it for awhile, and then thought of the 97 degree temps outside and decided on something else.  We're finally getting a cool-down this weekend, so maybe it'll be time for some spaghetti.  

ETA:  I'm talking about spaghetti with meat sauce.

Honored Contributor

Re: Spaghetti, am I the only one?

Spaghetti is a year round dish in our home in the hot, humid South.

All stove top cooking, no hot oven required.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

I think of chili and beef stew as cold weather dishes; however, I do like chili so if it is 70 degrees out, I will make it.   In fact, I am making it later this evening.  Spaghetti I think of as any weather dish.  You can make make cold spaghetti dishes or you can make a light sauce hot spaghetti dish or hot spaghetti with sauteed mushrooms, green onions, a little fresh garlic.  Explore your choices with spaghetti and you will think of it differently perhaps.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My husband wanted spaghetti at least once a week. Now he’s on a low carb diet.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IcegoddessI do too, also Pot Roast and beef stew ! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

More of a year round thing for us. I use fresh garden tomatoes in the sauce during summer.
Honored Contributor

I like spaghetti year-rund. In the summer I often top it with a fresh tomato sauce (no cooking); once it's cooler I use a more traditional sauce.

Honored Contributor

I won't do a simple tomato sauce.  I'm really not a fan of tomatoes.  My spaghetti gets meat sauce, heavy on the meat, a mixture of ground beef and Italian sausage in spaghetti sauce.  Then, I add in black and green olives and fresh mushrooms, so it's a pretty heavy sauce.

Trusted Contributor

My father was Italian, and a chef, we had it as a side dish for practically every meal. Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

I absolutely love spaghetti - all pastas actually - year round, week round, could eat it every day.  DH hates pasta! so every time we eat out I go for the pasta.  Yum.