Honored Contributor

Search this video on Youtube. Lauren Daigle--You Say (Official Music Video) I think the music in the beginning sounds like a song Adele sings plus her voice is really similar IMO.

I like the song.

Valued Contributor

Re: Sounds like Adele

[ Edited ]

She is actually a Contemporary Christian singer and songwriter but this song is being played on more than just Christian stations. I love the song. I have never thought of her sounding like Adele when I hear it but that might just be me.

ETA: It's been awhile since I've heard anything by Adele so that could be why I don't hear what you do.

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 

I saw she is Contemporary Christian singer & songwriter after I looked online. 

My sister emailed a link to the song because she thought she sounded like Adele.

I don't think the whole song sounds like Adele but I can hear Adele in several places while Lauren Daigle is singing. The music at the beginning reminds me of an Adele song. Will have to listen to hear cds to find out which one it is.

At any rate she can sing.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Qgirl26 

I saw she is Contemporary Christian singer & songwriter after I looked online. 

My sister emailed a link to the song because she thought she sounded like Adele.

I don't think the whole song sounds like Adele but I can hear Adele in several places while Lauren Daigle is singing. The music at the beginning reminds me of an Adele song. Will have to listen to hear cds to find out which one it is.

At any rate she can sing.

@Nightowlz   It's "Someone Like You" which has only one insturment throughout-the piano.

I personally do not hear Adele at all.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

Re: Sounds like Adele

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

Search this video on Youtube. Lauren Daigle--You Say (Official Music Video) I think the music in the beginning sounds like a song Adele sings plus her voice is really similar IMO.

I like the song.

I closed my eyes and listened and I thought she sounded like Adele especially the beginning. 🙂

Honored Contributor

I thought it was Adele also.

This is one of my new favorite songs,

Respected Contributor

I bought her CD (what can I say?  I'm old!) "Look Up Child" from the big A back in mid January & it's been in the CD player in my car ever since, in regular rotation.  It's an excellent CD.

Valued Contributor

When I first heard it on the radio, I thought it was a a new song by Adele.  I kept looking at my car radio scrolling the name of Lauren Daigle as the artist currently playing and thought they made a mistake.  LOL!  It's a pretty song and like it alot.  I didn't know she was a Christian singer.  I'll have to check out her other songs.   

Esteemed Contributor

I could hear Adele when she opened up.  LM

Respected Contributor

She sounds totally like Adele.

That being said, I love the song.