Honored Contributor

We have noticed over the past year how many drivers are on their phone paying more attention to their conversations than their driving.  At stop lights people don't respond to the signal or they are weaving on the road with their phone in their hands.  Probably a rise in traffic accidents as a result.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

When I was driving yesterday, I was following a woman texting for about 10 minutes. I turned off to a side ride and went another way. She was definitely going to get into an accident and take me and several cars with her.

I also don't like cell phones at the dinner table at home and especially in restaurants.

People should also stay off the cells while walking on sidewalks and crossing the street.

Although it's great to have a "portable phone" to take with you, people are texting and not talking to people.

@Shanus 

Was the woman also in the passing lane?  Just guessing.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG   Hello. No, she was in front of meon the highway...70 miles an hour texting. If she needed to stop quickly and hit the car in front of her, it'd cause a pile up...especially at that speed. I turned off at the next exit.

With road rage like it is, no way was I going to lay on my horn.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ECBG   Hello. No, she was in front of meon the highway...70 miles an hour texting. If she needed to stop quickly and hit the car in front of her, it'd cause a pile up...especially at that speed. I turned off at the next exit.

With road rage like it is, no way was I going to lay on my horn.

@Shanus 

Thank goodness you're a quick thinker!