Valued Contributor

Sometimes life lessons are right infront of you...

Yesterday was exciting and long,tending to our new animals with a vet here.Early tbis morning I got a knock on the door,our log home builders were bringing in milling equipment.They had already brought in the main logs, Would we like to mark our trees in the woods for additional logs,trees that are family land trees,to make this personal.My husband said ,your dream home,you pick the trees.So I set off through the fields,not really into it,I had so many things to do.As I walked I looked at trees  thought of the fact that they Would share life with us for a long time.So I started  marking an x in spray paint on a few. I found this odd,it would be my protector from life in the years to come...I Walked back with my head full of thoughts.I came to a pile of enormous logs,it suddenly hit me...Life is like this pile of logs,it takes hard work,many hands, love to turn this pile of logs into a home.My life is so much like this ...I was made whole from a jumble by many hands ,dreams,some mine ,many others faith in me.Someone saw what I could be,loved me and made me into who I am today. I have faith that this house  will be strong and solid,yes just from a pile of logs...I hope you find lessons in life right in front of you,to remind you how it's never to late to dream,to change..love ,hugs,Maryanne 

Valued Contributor

Re: Sometimes life lessons are right infront of you...

You have not only opened a window to your barn but to your home as well. It is exciting to hear you picking out logs for your house. I think you should write some of your wisdom on those logs as they are put into place to create your home. 

So thanks for your wisdom in this post. Most days I am flying from one errand or chore to another and never slow down to see the “pile of logs” in front of me. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

Re: Sometimes life lessons are right infront of you...

I also think you have been given the gift of words and telling your story.  It's a joy to read.