Esteemed Contributor

Something for us humans to think about

A boy was fascinated while watching a Massachusettes crabber (fisherman) collect crabs from traps and place them into crab cages. At one point, the boy pointed out to the crabber that he left the lid off of the cage and the crabs would get out. The crabber explained that if there is one crab in the bucket, he must put the lid on. However, if there are two or more crabs in the bucket he can leave the lid off. He can do this because the crabs instinctively claw and pull one another down.

Let's not be a crab

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Re: Something for us humans to think about

The more I read this, the more chilling it sounds, @jeanlake 

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Frequent Contributor

If they all worked together, they might all be free...

Esteemed Contributor

Homegirl & bunny -- This popped up on my FB feed this morning from a 2013 post I made. It was from my pastor's sermon. He lived around water all his life and his sermon was titled -- Don't be a crab. I thought -- wow -- so relevant for 2020. Some (definately not all) seem to be crawling all over one another. It's a great visual. Thanks for your comments.     

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau