Honored Contributor

Re: Something I noticed about prices

[ Edited ]

I agree w/Krimpette.  Return them if you can.  Go to your local grocery store/supermarket where they will be cheaper.  

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I agree, food is expensive.

But in the long run, it's the better investment.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac I am going to take that advice...Costco is not always the best and I think their produce quality is not as good as it once was.

Honored Contributor

@software 

@software wrote:

I agree, food is expensive.

But in the long run, it's the better investment.

@Food used to be much cheaper than clothing...if you have to choose then I agree food is the winning choice.

Honored Contributor

I consider food an investment in your health, being proactive so you are less likely to get sick especially over time.  It need not be expensive to buy good quality essentials.  I think it is the processed junk food that becomes expensive.   Although I have noticed that avocados have become pretty pricey, but with benefits.  So I guess expensive becomes subjective.  

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@x Hedge lol you are of course right but I just found it surprising that a few oranges cost more than a shirt...never noticed how much the price of food has risen in comparison to clothing prices.I would not have mentioned if I had bought a case of oranges for that price.

To me what that points out is how out of whack the economy is because of overseas imports. 

Honored Contributor

Food prices must be a regional thing.  I live in a garden/farming state.  Fresh food generally is dirt cheap as there are farmer markets competing w/food stands on just about every corner.

Then there are the 4-5 major supermarkets all competing against each other if you use their "discount cards."  Acme has discontinued their "discount cards."  Everything is now on sale every day.  To get a deeper Acme discount, use their paper coupons, digial coupons tacked on to the manufacturer coupon.  Last week, I purchased Bryers Ice Cream for 95¢/quart.faint.gifSo I stocked up since I have a tall upright freezer.

No Coscos here.  Never heard of them till I came here.  I live in BJ's & Sams Club country.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac @I live in Washington state...expensive here.My son lives in Oklahoma and its much cheaper food and gas.

Honored Contributor

By the way I can’t even get a small cone at McDonald’s. For .95...you scored big time with that Breyers purchase.

Honored Contributor

Prices rely on many factors.  The clothing sounds like an over run or something left in a wearhouse.  The fruit would be closer to fresh.  The mold showes that they may have traveled.