Honored Contributor

Re: Someone always has to start trouble around the Holidays

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Glad seeing this topic. Helps me in more ways than you know. As we all are aware, Climate in the country intense. Without discussing suffice to say, Son and DIL verbally attacked me, Not asking anyone feel sorry for me. Proud of my choice and make no apologies. What started with different topic ended up hurtful things said about my deceased ex husband. So much so! My plans visiting next month are no longer. Used to be the type of person to fix everything! Make it right even when not my fault. No longer live that way. Love the saying- "Let go or be dragged" So be it.

@Sweet_Serenity Good for you. You don't need them. Families shouldn't have nasty attitudes with one another. Go about your business and forget about them. Let them apologize. 

We don't speak about the climate in our country in our family. Keeps everyone happy as we all respect one another.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Glad seeing this topic. Helps me in more ways than you know. As we all are aware, Climate in the country intense. Without discussing suffice to say, Son and DIL verbally attacked me, Not asking anyone feel sorry for me. Proud of my choice and make no apologies. What started with different topic ended up hurtful things said about my deceased ex husband. So much so! My plans visiting next month are no longer. Used to be the type of person to fix everything! Make it right even when not my fault. No longer live that way. Love the saying- "Let go or be dragged" So be it.

@Sweet_Serenity Good for you. You don't need them. Families shouldn't have nasty attitudes with one another. Go about your business and forget about them. Let them apologize. 

We don't speak about the climate in our country in our family. Keeps everyone happy as we all respect one another.

I wasn't the one who brought the subject up. When they crossed the line that was beginning of the door closing. Will not have anyone say hurtful things about someone I chose supprting. I'm good! Have no regrets. 8yrs stood silent respected the choice made. Merry Christmas and Happy Blessed New Year!💗
Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

This all got started about 4 years ago at a family reunion. My husband has a big Irish Catholic family. A pr of sisters that are his cousins, decided to hold a reunion  at one of their homes,  out in the country. The even got a couple of porta pottys because it was a big gathering.

My husband and I, nor his brothers, were able to attend. That didn't stop  cousin Bill from tracking us down.

He went to our parish church ,and decided  he didn't like the  condition of the shrine ,our Grandfather had  built, in a pocket park, across the street from the church. It is really fine, but it  could use a new statue. He contacted the parish priest about it, and suggested my husband head up this project

The priest told him it wasn't in their  budget. My husband told Cousin Bill he had no intention of getting involved. None of us even live in the same city any longer.

My husband has another, male  cousin, who is able to help out our sick cousins wife. He goes over to  her home and sets with her husband once a week ,to let her go out and do her errands.He and  his cousin with dementia were very close as kids.

Thanks for all the help. I feel better  just getting this off my chest.

I hope now he has pot stirred, yet once again, we won't hear from him in a while

@cherry

It is difficult to say, but ignore him. And screen your calls do he cannot talk to you. Tough love. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Melania wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

If it's anything like you've said here, they have a right to feel the way they do.

You are very narrow minded in your views which is your right but if you knew your son and his wife at all, you had to know how they would react. That is if you respected their feelings about the "Country's Climate". 

You owe them an apology.

@Melania

i agree with you. We abide by the longstanding etiquette guideline to avoid religion, politics or other such issues which will only cause arguments, resentment, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity

I'm sorry that you got hurt!

I'm wishing you a warm Christmas🎄🎄🕯

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Could be some type of DNA/genes from hundreds/thousands of years ago.  Same with animals; some (say, dogs) are nice, gentle.  Others are a bit more 'wild' (aggressive) by nature.  Same with humans.  It's in their genes, personality-wise.  We can't all be the same (robotic-like).  There's almost always/often one in a family that is considered a 'trouble-maker' (whatever that means).   Maybe I should say 'aggressive' instead. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

Could be some type of DNA/genes from hundreds/thousands of years ago.  Same with animals; some (say, dogs) are nice, gentle.  Others are a bit more 'wild' (aggressive) by nature.  Same with humans.  It's in their genes, personality-wise.  We can't all be the same (robotic-like).  There's almost always/often one in a family that is considered a 'trouble-maker' (whatever that means).   Maybe I should say 'aggressive' instead. 

Actually I think you should say PITA

Honored Contributor

@libbyannE wrote:

@Melania wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

If it's anything like you've said here, they have a right to feel the way they do.

You are very narrow minded in your views which is your right but if you knew your son and his wife at all, you had to know how they would react. That is if you respected their feelings about the "Country's Climate". 

You owe them an apology.

@Melania

i agree with you. We abide by the longstanding etiquette guideline to avoid religion, politics or other such issues which will only cause arguments, resentment, etc. 

Amazing to me! How people read what they want. Never started nor pursed. No resentment on my part. My heart rejoices with the outcome of current events. Merry Christmas! 🎄🎅🎄💃🎄🎅🎄
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity

I'm sorry that you got hurt!

I'm wishing you a warm Christmas🎄🎄🕯

Dear sweet lovestoteach! I'm not hurt, Not in the least. When the incident occurred indeed shocked. Then quickly let it go. Thanks for your concern. Off topic!! Thank you for all the beautiful pictures you always post. Especially! Moving scenery. Merry Christmas!🎄💃
Honored Contributor

Someone in my husband's family tried to start trouble during the holidays for years. They are in another state now and I'm not missing them lol.