Respected Contributor

@SurferWife @ECBG 

Heartbreaking and wonderful poetic sentiments, both of your posts were profound.

And @Kachina624 I knew you spoke of your son and had no idea you lost him 16 years ago.  My heart goes out to you and hope his angel self is there for you when he can.

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123    There certainly have been many times when I could have used an angel on my shoulder.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

How terribly hard for a mother- I'm so sorry this happened... I'm glad you are ok and I bet he would want you to keep enjoying your life... 💝

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@rockygems123    There certainly have been many times when I could have used an angel on my shoulder.

@Kachina624 

When my now 26 yr old son was born I felt like it was another body part, an extension of me who was walking the planet.  They are so integral to who we are that in spirit they know that.   He's there for you on your shoulder when you need him even more so than when in real life; I think they learn a lot when they are spirits.  

Trusted Contributor

@fairydogmother,

I am crying reading your recount of the day your son passed.  And to our ladies, here, who have dealt with the horrible pain of losing a child.  My prayers, thoughts, love are with you in your pain.

This past August my nephew and his wife lost their baby girl who was to be born in October.  Our family was, and still, is devastated.  At her service, the priest read a poem that was so beautiful. 

I would like to share it with you ladies who have dealt with this unimaginable loss.

Heart

I MADE IT HOME 

I just wanted to let you know I made it home

Everything is so pretty here, so white, so fresh, so new. I wish that you could close your eyes so you could see it too

Please try not to be sad for me. Try to understand. God is taking care of me ... I'm in the shelter of His hands

Here there is no sadness, and no sorrow and no pain. Here there is no crying, and I'll never hurt again

Here it is so peaceful, when all the angels sing. I really have to go now ... I've just got to try my wings

PS ... I'll be the first face you see when you get here!

Trusted Contributor

Big big hugs and prayers go out to you on this date, I lost my dad on this day and it is my late husbands birthday in heaven today.  Hugs again.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

So very sorry for a pain that never goes away.  Prayers for you.

Respected Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@fairydogmother,

I am crying reading your recount of the day your son passed.  And to our ladies, here, who have dealt with the horrible pain of losing a child.  My prayers, thoughts, love are with you in your pain.

This past August my nephew and his wife lost their baby girl who was to be born in October.  Our family was, and still, is devastated.  At her service, the priest read a poem that was so beautiful. 

I would like to share it with you ladies who have dealt with this unimaginable loss.

Heart

I MADE IT HOME 

I just wanted to let you know I made it home

Everything is so pretty here, so white, so fresh, so new. I wish that you could close your eyes so you could see it too

Please try not to be sad for me. Try to understand. God is taking care of me ... I'm in the shelter of His hands

Here there is no sadness, and no sorrow and no pain. Here there is no crying, and I'll never hurt again

Here it is so peaceful, when all the angels sing. I really have to go now ... I've just got to try my wings

PS ... I'll be the first face you see when you get here!

How poignant and beautiful. The loss of a baby, born or unborn,likely feels the same as the loss of an adult child. So many hopes and dreams lost. The physical pain in your heart cannot be described. So sad for all here who have similar stories of loss. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

An unbearable loss, unendurable pain.

I pray your heart continues to heal. May the happy memories you shared with Patrick sustain you until you are reunited.

God bless you. 

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fairydogmother    I'm so sorry for your horrific loss.  It's a pain that never goes away and forever leaves a hole in your heart.  No parent should ever have to bury a child.

I, too, lost my only child, my son, Robert, on June 10, 2006 at age 37.  That was a day that lives in infamy in my life so I know your pain and sorrow.  I miss him so much and so do the two sons he left behind.

Tomorrow will be a brighter day, I promise.

Oh! I had no idea. Your only child. Yes the hole in your heart feels very real doesn't it. You learn to live around it. But I think about Pat every day of my life. Not always at the forefront of my mind. Sometimes hovering in the background but always present. I have said to people that I learned to feel happiness and joy again- but it's marked with an asterisk. I know that you and the other bereaved moms understand that. 

Harmonize the World