Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to you. We love our children and it doesn't matter that you being a nurse that comforts others should not need to be comforted at some point in time.  As a retired nurse myself I had many occasions when I had to comfort a family after losing a loved one so this is the day you need to voice your feelings and it's perfecty fine to do that. God bless you and your family and know that your son is with the Lord and he's just fine

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

It is always there  the loss, of them ,what could had been, my son Shane died at 27, all becuse of terrible  trama in a car accident , 3 yrs ,he went through many operations ,could not walk and one last operation to take his leg ,he died having that done,we never get over the loss of a child.HUGS to you.

my heart understands. What a terrible loss. Yes you not only grieve the physical loss, but also what their future might have held. I will always wonder what Pat would've been like in his thirties. You and I are in a very sad club. Hugs back. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

I can't imagine your grief.  Just the thought of losing my Son ... it takes my breath away.  

Please accept my sympathies.  I think many here understand your need to get it out. 

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  😢🙏💔

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Somber day today

[ Edited ]

I am so glad you have a safe place to share your feelings. @fairydogmother  It is important to talk about them.

I am so sorry for your loss. My heart is heavy for all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I can't begin to comprehend the pain you must carry in your heart every day. Talking about your loss is good for your soul.

I hope you know that there are so many kind and caring members of this community here to lend an ear and give you virtual hugs.

My wish for you on this day is that you feel the very presence of Patrick and that presence will give you a sense of peace.

One last thing--I think you must be a very special person to volunteer with those who are transitioning from life to death. Your work is so important.

Super Contributor

My heart goes out to you.  Sending you strength and prayers that you feel God's powerful healing.  God bless you and your family.  You and your son will be reunited in your forever lives.  Reva

Respected Contributor

My heart aches for all of you.  @fairydogmother   I’m sending comforting hugs and prayers.  Ilosing a child is so unimaginable.  He IS shining down on you.

@homedecor1   @KBEANS  @goldensrbest    Thinking of each of you in the tragic loss you each have suffered.   Hugs.    ❤️😘❤️😘

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother,

The greatest loss I wish no mother ever had to bear.

I do believe that the connection between a mother and her son, any of her children is so strong, so much a part of us that nothing, not even death can take away that continuing spirit and love and soul that will always be with us and ours with them. I hope you will always always feel his life, his spirit and love with you, he in heaven and you on earth always! 

And giving his life to many being an organ donor is a heroic thing for you as his mother too. You are one of those special people that is rare being able to do what you do. I know you must give comfort to loved ones every day and I hope you feel comfort today too sharing your beautiful son with us.💞 💗

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Re: Somber day today

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

A poem I think about on anniversaries such as this.  I hope it brings you comfort.

A million times we’ve needed you; a million times we’ve cried. If love could have saved you, you never would have died. If all the world was ours to give, we would give it, yes & more, to see you coming up thesteps & walking through the door. To hear your voice, to see your smile, to sit & talk with you a while, to be with you in the same old way, that would be our fondest day. A heart of gold stopped beating, two smiling eyes closed to rest. God broke our hearts to prove to us He only takes the best.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.