Respected Contributor

Somber day today

[ Edited ]

It's the ninth anniversary of my son's motorcycle accident. 11/19/13 at 3:10 p.m.  He suffered horrific injuries and died on the 21st after two emergency surgeries, and without regaining consciousness. Patrick was 29. He was a registered organ donor, saved and improved many lives with his gifts. So that was a blessing. 
Today I cancelled my usual hospice volunteer shift. Too intense. I'm watching college football, running mindless errands, playing with my pets. 
Yet I couldn't help but watch the clock. Counting down. I received the call about Pat's accident exactly one hour after it happened. I was a hospice RN case manager, seeing my out of town patients. In fact I was with a patient when my husband and then the emergency room called me. Dropped everything in a panic, drove the forty miles to the hospital. Praying that I would not have an accident myself and that Pat would live. 
It seems like a lifetime ago, nine years is a long time. Yet somehow like it happened yesterday. 
Not seeking sympathy or attention here. Talking about it helps me. My Christian faith continues to help me cope. 

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I'm so very sorry for your loss. 

Trusted Contributor

fairydogmother, We are all thinking of YOU and YOUR FAMILY. Always remember, YOU HAVE AN ANGEL SMILING from above ON HIS MOM .Thank YOU for all you do for hospice and hospital patients. May blessings come to you all.    Sligo

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry for your heartbreaking loss.

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother I'm just sending you prayers and huge hugs! 

Contributor

Your story makes my heart ache.  Wishing you peace....

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 to you and your family.  May God help you thru the day.  

I'll never forget both time and days I received the "call" my nephew(s) were tragically killed on although different years & days.  One was 10 and the other 27 (his fiancé was also killed in this tragedy they're spending eternity together in heaven).

I always remember their moms on these dates as they need a extra hug on such a sad day.

hugs

homedecor1

Trusted Contributor

I am so very sorry for your loss.  And Bless you for the care you give to others.

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother 

My heart goes out to you on the unfathomable loss of your beloved son. Take care of you today and know God's love envelopes you.

Honored Contributor

It is always there  the loss, of them ,what could had been, my son Shane died at 27, all becuse of terrible  trama in a car accident , 3 yrs ,he went through many operations ,could not walk and one last operation to take his leg ,he died having that done,we never get over the loss of a child.HUGS to you.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.