Honored Contributor
A true miracle and so thankful this story has a happy ending....but saw almost no coverage of this on the news when it happened. Those boys were in total darkness for nine days..no food....I can't even imagine the fear and hopelessness those boys must have endured. Thank God for His mercy for these boys and their coach.
Esteemed Contributor

@gizmogal wrote:

Got this off of Newsweek. There’s a photo of some rescuers but  the kids and coach still need to be brought out. 

The twelve boys and soccer team coach trapped inside the Tham Luang caves were found alive by an international team of divers Monday. Read the full story

Thanks for posting the link.  They still have a long way to go to get them out and hopefully they are all well.  Ten days with minimal food and little water can do harm to the body...so happy they have been found alive and looking forward to hearing they are all okay.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

Saw the update on the news today and they said it could take months to get them out! I couldnt believe it. Hope they can get them out asap.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

@Deb665

or anyone...

Is there a simple answer for HOW they got so far in?

Sounds like it's going to be next to impossible to get them OUT, but I'm trying to understand how they managed to get through the first time.

Yes, I know there is an issue with water, so that may be the main thing.  But they were talking about having to squeeze through very small passages to rescue them.

Super Contributor

@Witchy Woman I’m not really sure how they got so far in.  I know it started raining on them and the water began to rise.  Perhaps they already knew about this cave and pushed on rather than trying to turn back?  

My heart goes out to everyone concerned.  As I understand it, they have to either learn how to scuba dive or stay in the cave until late September or October!  These kids will need counseling when they get out of there!  

Honored Contributor

I just saw them interview a former Navy Seal on CNN.  He doesn't think they should try to teach them to scuba dive and get them out that way.  He said it would be too difficult.  Some of the children don't even know how to swim.  He thinks they should build a dam and stop the water and pump the rest out and let them walk out.  It will take months.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau