Honored Contributor

Re: So you think QVC has high S&H charges.......................

@Laura14 .................Thats always possible its a mistake, but I dont think so.  A while back (cant remember what it was specifically) I was again in the Amazon grocery and for some canned goods, no more than 6 in the deal.  A 3rd party wanted $89 and change for shipping.

I dont know if Amazon would have control over what a 3rd party charges for shipping.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie Amazon is pretty strict.

I got caught by a third party that represented a US warranty on a brand new Motorola cellphone several years ago through Amazon. I was that one who actually needed the warranty after an update crashed the phone after three months.

Motorola refused to honor the warranty because it was a third party seller. When I brought it to Amazon's attention that this third party seller had made a claim that Motorola wouldn't honor and that they might want to adjust that listing to save anyone else the aggravation and the expensive loss, Amazon fully refunded me, completely unasked, within twenty minutes of my email. I'm sure they recouped the money from the third party.  And I am not nor have I ever been a Prime member or heavy user of the site. 

Their site their rules is usually the contract so I am sure it's in the vendor agreement that they have to use reasonable pricing in all aspects. If the vendor is shipping from Siberia and someone wants to pay the $69.99 freight, have at it but it's bad business.

My bet is Amazon would jump on that if someone complained that they didn't realize the shipping cost up front as they should have.   

Trusted Contributor

@KathyM23 : Other sites can offer free shipping because they raise the prices on the merchandise. There is no such thing as a free lunch. As for the rates you quoted to ship, yes, they are really high for us to ship an occasional package. No way, even with business rates can companies give really free shipping.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

On Amazon there is a deal on Dawn Dish Soap, you get 4 bottles and includes a sponge for $14.99.  Sounds good right?

Well the kicker is the shipping is $69.99

@Imaoldhippie    Amazon needs to shut that one down.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

That must definitely be a third party shipper.  I once was looking for Harvest mix Halloween candy (chocolate witches, orange pumpkins, yellow moons, chocolate cats.etc..) and I found it!  $16.00 for the candy and $49.00 for the shipping.

Needless to say, my childhood memory is still just that.

By the way...I don't know if you have BJs wholesale club near you, but they have 90 ounce Dawn regular, platinum, et al for $9.00  and regularly have coupons for $2.00 off of that price!

Honored Contributor

Because it's a third party seller, it's not an Amazon product.  It's surprising how many people don't how Amazon works and don't pay attention and get roped into stuff like that.  

Regular Contributor

I received a notice from Amazon that annual prime membership will be increased from $119 to $139 on my renewal next month.  

Respected Contributor

i've reported outrageous prices for items, to amazon and they have deleted the product/supplier.

Shipping chgs aren't set by amazon. just don't buy and/or report to amazon.

coldwater creek has very high ship/handling charges. Qvc and Hsn are reasonable.

Super Contributor

I don't think Q's S&H is high if you buy 1 random thing here & there....BUT if you buy say 4 fashion items in one order, the shipping fee is $14.00. Nevermind that your order is over $100 or $150 or more. They could do better!

Respected Contributor

Yep @Buffalogal47 my point exactly, free shipping sites are getting you one way or another.  Nothing is free.  QVC's rate is very good IMO.