Trusted Contributor

Re: So speaking of old time shampoos & hair products ...

I was in high school and college in the ‘60’s and wore my hair long- just below my brassiere,so to speak. It was straight and parted in the middle. Loved it! Whatever possessed me to cut it at age 29 is beyond me. Oh,yes. A friend of mine with a pixie cut said that women in their thirties didn’t look good with long hair. Well,that was the last time I took anyone’s half baked advice. 

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse Still laughing! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Thanks for the chuckle! 

I just saw an article in W online that claimed perms are back. 

Honored Contributor

@nrmwrote:

@GenXmuse Still laughing! 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Thanks for the chuckle! 

I just saw an article in W online that claimed perms are back. 

Lol!  I swear, I must have cried buckets of tears for every perm that turned out horrible on me!

My youngest daughter saw a picture of me from that era and asked memif I wanted my hair to look like that!  😆😆😆😆😂

Valued Contributor

Oh Yes!...Dippity Do styling gel, Prell shampoo, Tame creme rinse and Aqua Net hair spray...and for extra conditioning, Alberto VO5 conditioning cream,...I also used that thin gel you dipped your comb in...but can't remember the name...

I also had Long straight hair, parted in the middle... worn with both sides behind my ears with little spit curls in front of my ears.....Sooo Coool!!...and also had the bonnet hair dryer!!!

Also used soup cans for curlers..when wanting the just the right wave...ha, ha.....brings back memories!!